Advice Request How can add safe/unsafe application list on Bitdefender ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

dark_wielder

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 7, 2020
Hi everyone ! I hope everybody are good.

How can I use a feature similar to Kasperky application control in BTS ? I want to restrict or blacklist an application, I do not want it to run unaware. Since Bitdefender does not have application control, I could not find how to do this. The closest possibility I know may be to use the parental control feature, I can restrict the applications from there but it does not provide a very detailed opportunity.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Check out this thread and post your message there. You may PM @Robbie he knows BTS well.

Tiamati

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Hi everyone ! I hope everybody are good.

How can I use a feature similar to Kasperky application control in BTS ? I want to restrict or blacklist an application, I do not want it to run unaware. Since Bitdefender does not have application control, I could not find how to do this. The closest possibility I know may be to use the parental control feature, I can restrict the applications from there but it does not provide a very detailed opportunity.
Interesting, i never have considered that with Bitdefender. Pls, if you find the answer, tell us here so we can find it too.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hi! Great question, first thing I tried when I installed BitDefender.

Long story short: you can't. Online Threat Prevention has its own smart network to decide this for you. I tried to play with all modules, see if I could achieve anything like Application Control; sadly you can't. You can though add folders as protected to avoid any modifications on them.

But I understand the need for an Application Control or anti-executable, since we cannot trust a software to make those decisions for us. That's why I par BitDefender Total Security 2020 with Hard_Configurator (disallowed). Since it's just Windows policies, it's super light and compatible. You may wanna give it at try.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.