Verified
Jul 19, 2018
1610001966937.png

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
Captain Holly is a favorite character in Watership Down, a book written by Richard Adams. I have read the book three times now. It is a really symbolic story about a group of wild rabbits who are searching for a new home after their old home is destroyed by a construction crew. It is a great story, full of good lessons and allegories for us humans. The book was first published in 1972 and was made into an animated movie in 1978. There was also a "less violent" tv series done in 2018 but I have never seen it and do not want to. The producers took far too much dramatic license with it and the story is nowhere near the same.

Holly is a great character in the story because in the beginning he is very stern and strict, even threatening to kill others that don't do what he says. Later in the story he realizes that is not the right way to treat his fellow rabbits and he becomes a good friend and ally to the rest of the group, and is a great help for them all. You have to read the story to see how he changes for the better. I can identify with that.

There are not very many pictures of Captain Holly from the original movie online, but here is one. He is the gray one in the middle.

1649224605549.png

C.H.

Last edited:

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
In my senior year in High School, I wrote a short fantasy story in fulfillment of an English class assignment. The teacher asked my okay to submit it to a magazine. To my surprise, it was bought & published by "Thrilling Wonder Stories" -- a pulp magazine that published fantasies. I got $250 for it -- that was a LOT for a teen age kid back in those days.

The lead character was an age-12 boy who was a street urchin. The boy had been deserted by his parents as a toddler. He was taken in & raised by an old hag who died when he was 11 years old, so he lived on the streets after that, surviving by stealing & begging.

I named him Bellgamin. "Gamin" means an urchin. I took "bell" from the "bell, book, & candle" of magic-users. Bellgamin gradually became aware that he had magical powers and --- the game was on -- ~24 pages long.

So that's how I got my user name. Sadly, my own magical powers have never fully developed. Kazam! ⚡

Last edited:

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I wanted something short as well. Upon analysis of the content here, many people like Edge browser, so I decided to take the name of the old Internet Explorer engine (Trident Engine) for reminiscence.
🔱 also matches my personality. It was a win-win with that name.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.