Troubleshoot How do I use AOMEI and which BACKUP option is best?

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Initilizing don't move and freezes up when I cancel it.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
None, gave up.
Trying to use AOMEI backupper, I never backed up before, and have no idea what i tried to do (it didn't work), and do I need ISO image or can I try something else on AOMEI? .....

My reason for needing a backup, is not for my data... I have that on DVD's already, what I want is for tweaking windows, registry tweaks, uninstalling and installing a new free Anti-Virus, etc.

but I want backup before doing this, in case of problems in these future actions.

How many GB's do these backups take? MY HD is 108 GBs capacity and 46GB remain.

If I cannot figure this out, even with help... I'll put trust in the system restore points.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
If you guys don't mind please let me know how you got on with the backup. Cheers. ;)

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Like other backup features, the best way is do the full system image backup that includes all of files and programs contains on that current state.

You need to make a bootable disc that offered by AOMEI for easy accessing the restore feature with the backup system image you created.

Reactions: frogboy
Upvote 0

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
The biggest question backing up the PC? Is what happen if you can can not boot-up the PC. From whatever the cause maybe? Then what?
You should start from the point of the PC NOT booting?

Upvote 0

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
The biggest question backing up the PC? Is what happen if you can can not boot-up the PC. From whatever the cause maybe? Then what?
You should start from the point of the PC NOT booting?

Not really sure about AOMEI, and I don't want to hijack the topic, but afaik...some of backup software should be able to restore your PC even you cannot boot your windows, well at least that's what rollback rx does, I think aomei can do the same thing since aomei let user to save an image on USB?

Upvote 0

Welldone

Level 5
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
If you guys don't mind please let me know how you got on with the backup. Cheers. ;)
Resized XP Partition,create a new partition so that he can save the backup image on it.We used Macrium Reflect to create a backup image of XP Partition and then created a bootable USB for restoring the image.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
I would have liked to,but there are enough tutorials (including Videos) on Macrium Reflect and imaging :D
What ever you think! I've been using MF for 10 years and I'm interested. If it's a big secret. That's OK!
I'm always trying to learn new things! Can you post the tutorial for us want tobies
I have only restored from a external drive also.

Upvote 0

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Here's the backup made by welldone, using Reflect free. "Insert pic"

I will be able to tinker with settings now more comfortable... knowing an image backing is there.
I made some changes already to windows, and its running quite effectly. :) I can use wise care's advanced scan again, it used to be broken due to HD error...

Bad sectors are repaired, scan disc fixed errors. still an file name error in file name 15.. but who cares.

Oddly a registry error on boot (failed to restore native registry), but its' now fixed I had a backup of my registry and its not a problem anymore.

Time to replace Bitdefenders bug AV. and then practice stuff on here.

Very paitent and helpful MT's user WellDone :)

Attachments

• BP DRIVE SPACE.JPG
    BP DRIVE SPACE.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 457
Upvote 0

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Here's the backup made by welldone, using Reflect free. "Insert pic"

I will be able to tinker with settings now more comfortable... knowing an image backing is there.
I made some changes already to windows, and its running quite effectly. :) I can use wise care's advanced scan again, it used to be broken due to HD error...

Bad sectors are repaired, scan disc fixed errors. still an image error in file name 15.. but who cares.

Oddly a registry error on boot (failed to restore native registry), but its' now fixed I had a backup of my registry and its not a problem anymore.

Time to replace Bitdefenders bug AV. and then practice stuff on here.

Very paitent and helpful MT's user WellDone :)
I am happy it all went well for you. Not sure what could have gone wrong with the registry as it should have been contained in the backup. Well done now you keep a backup on hand all the time. ;)

Reactions: donetao
Upvote 0

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I am happy it all went well for you. Not sure what could have gone wrong with the registry as it should have been contained in the backup. Well done now you keep a backup on hand all the time. ;)

It could be one of the OS bugs.. which registry alerts or errors can be unpredicitable.

Upvote 0

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Good luck! I'm now totally lost. It sounds like WellDone was a big help to you. Team viewer is a great program.
Happy computing !;):(
PS No big deal. I stay lost a lot any more. Senility:D
Good team effort. Glad you Got-er-Done

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.