Advice Request How do you pick a security product? Which independent testers do you trust, and why?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Adrian Ścibor

From AVLab.pl
Verified
Well-known
Apr 9, 2018
I change my methods all the time but a big fan of the avlab.pl @Adrian Ścibor approach to testing.

Would love to see more performance and reliability scoring but recommendations are the best really.

That means a lot. Thank you!
In that case, I can share that we are preparing a new comparison - different type than Advanced In The Wild Malware Test.

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
I don't chose my AV based on tests but rather how they perform on my system and how I like using them.
I still like to follow AV tests and like AV-Comparatives the most. I especially wait their results from their Enhanced Real-World test for protection and Performance and False Positive tests for usability.

EDIT: I also like The PC Security Channel on Youtube.

valvaris

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Yeah - That is a good question...

In the IT specially in the business field - I get feedback from my collogues (B2B) and from experience they gather. Like lots of things in IT Infrastructure or Security Products in general are build on "Trust" - Company, Cost and Feedback - The other part logical implementation and if the product makes sense for the business - what I also look at is knowledge transfer / from and to IT Experts. (Company to Admin and Admin to Company)

For me this Community is a go to for gaining knowledge and how certain things work. In the other side I use Business Contacts to exchange information and the Security Company Forums to gain more...

For Private Use - I use MalwareTips Community to build my opinion for my home security and add my two cents in the mix :)

ATM I use a Netgear XR1000 DumaOS ver. 3 with Netgear Armor (Bitdefender Total Security) and Netgear Armor for PC Endpoint Agent.

Best regards
Val.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.