Advice Request How many browsers you have installed on your desktop computer?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
No as this doesn't matter.
As Windows user, Microsoft already get some data. Sharing important data like in a Browser with another vendor just decrease privacy and is theater. Connection numbers at startup aren't important as they're used for different tasks.

And of course, a test on the part of Brave, Brave lists as the best.
Are you saying that it's better that only one company gets your data instead of the risk that another company like Mozilla or Brave might intercept some data too?

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
3 browsers, I make collection of them 😛

1615408283990.png

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Are you saying that it's better that only one company gets your data instead of the risk that another company like Mozilla or Brave might intercept some data too?
Not for services in general, but for browser as Edge is already installed on Windows. Because of that, Edge has best chances for Anti-Fingerprinting.
For same reason, the best browser choice on Apple devices is Safari, while it's Chrome on (normal-)Android

Eggnog

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 21, 2018
I have installed Edge, Firefox, and Google Chrome. I mainly use Edge.
What about you?
I have exactly the same setup. And I also mainly use Edge. I used Firefox exclusively for years and years, but switched to Edge a while back and I see no reason to stray any time soon. For some odd reason I could never warm up to Chrome, and I can't explain why not.

monkeylove

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
I use Firefox with the about:config tweaked for privacy, and with Multi-Account Containers and Cookie AutoDelete, and for a business Google account Iridium with Cookie Autodelete. Both are covered by Adguard Desktop.

Edge is installed by default but I don't use it.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I mostly use Firefox when I need to read an article that I need to use Bypass Paywalls Firefox addon.

For Chrome:

Official page in the official Firefox add-ons store:

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Edge for Windows.
Pros:
+ Light privacy features (Tracking protection lists)
+ Compatible with Chrome extensions and themes
+ Feature rich
+ Powerful security (at the cost of Cons)
+ Chromium-based
Cons:
- Forced installation (can be uninstalled, but activates with old Edge)
- Heavily tied into Microsoft services

Safari on Mac.
Pros:
+ Light privacy features (Tracking protection by DuckDuckGo)
+ Minimal design
+ Compatible for iOS users using KeyChain
Cons:
- Limited extensions
- No themes support outside OS appearance settings
- Exclusive to Apple ecosystem

sirius777

Level 2
Oct 24, 2019
I don't have a desktop computer but a laptop and on my laptop I have 4 web browsers. Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Brave. I use Google Chrome only for my Google account. I use Firefox only for Facebook. I use Microsoft Edge for a few logged-in accounts. I use Brave for browsing the Internet. Brave is also set to delete all history on exit. "Browser Compartmentalisation".

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
I don't have a desktop computer but a laptop and on my laptop I have 4 web browsers. Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Brave. I use Google Chrome only for my Google account. I use Firefox only for Facebook. I use Microsoft Edge for a few logged-in accounts. I use Brave for browsing the Internet. Brave is also set to delete all history on exit. I'm using 4 web browsers for "browser compartmentalisation".
Compartmentalisation is great from privacy perspective however at the same time it's a security nightmare (;)) because more apps = more potential attack vectors.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.