Advice Request How many browsers you have installed on your desktop computer?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Edge for Windows.
Pros:
+ Light privacy features (Tracking protection lists)
+ Compatible with Chrome extensions and themes
+ Feature rich
+ Powerful security (at the cost of Cons)
+ Chromium-based
Cons:
- Forced installation (can be uninstalled, but activates with old Edge)
- Heavily tied into Microsoft services

Safari on Mac.
Pros:
+ Light privacy features (Tracking protection by DuckDuckGo)
+ Minimal design
+ Compatible for iOS users using KeyChain
Cons:
- Limited extensions
- No themes support outside OS appearance settings
- Exclusive to Apple ecosystem
Between Basic and Balanced, which one you would recommed, for someone that has AdGuard installed for Windows?
Thanks. I currently have it to its deafult, which is balaced. Does switching to Basic, makes Edge faster?
1615564889554.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Between Basic and Balanced, which one you would recommed, for someone that has AdGuard installed for Windows?
Thanks. I currently have it to its deafult, which is balaced. Does switching to Basic, makes Edge faster?
I do not have Adguard Premium installed, so unable to make a recommendation based on coupling Edge with Adguard. Adguard Premium has some of it's own protections: Stealth Mode | AdGuard Knowledgebase

On Edge with uBlock, I use Strict Tracking with minimal problems. You can switch between the settings to see which one suits you the best.

Does it make Edge Faster? I don't know.

Useful documentation: Tracking Prevention in Microsoft Edge (Chromium) - Microsoft Edge Development

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Discovered that my old friend, SeaMonkey, which I used for years long ago was still around. I downloaded it to have a look and find it's very similar to the one I remember. I've been using it all day and find it's faster than Edge, seems to be stable, and the GUI reminds me of years past. I don't pay much attention to the GUI on any software. If it works well, that's what matters. Prettiest interface in the world is junk if the software doesn't perform. SeaMonkey may once again become my primary browser.

WhiteMouse

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2017
Chrome for most browsing
Firefox for privacy browsing
Edge for download Chrome and Firefox

Discovered that my old friend, SeaMonkey, which I used for years long ago was still around. I downloaded it to have a look and find it's very similar to the one I remember. I've been using it all day and find it's faster than Edge, seems to be stable, and the GUI reminds me of years past. I don't pay much attention to the GUI on any software. If it works well, that's what matters. Prettiest interface in the world is junk if the software doesn't perform. SeaMonkey may once again become my primary browser.
@cruelsister 's fan confirmed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.