How often do you check your Spam Folder?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ForgottenSeer 98800
  • Start date Start date
Social media
15 Replies 2,038 Views

How Often do you check your Spam Folder

  • Always

    Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Sometimes

    Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Rarely

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Never

    Votes: 3 9.4%

  • Total voters
    32
F

ForgottenSeer 98800

MalwareTips Community.

Recently, some of my friends contacted me saying they never received my e-mail when I had sent the e-mail a week prior or longer. Some responses I would give are:

  • Do you want me to send the e-mail again?
  • Did you check the Spam Folder?
The reply would always be: my e-mail landed in the Spam Folder. I finally came to realize not many people check their Spam Folder nowadays. When I see my family get e-mails in their Spam Folder, they don't even look at them, disregarding if any important e-mail is stored there. On the other hand, I look at my Spam Folder and see what e-mail I received before I delete the message. So now I ask you. How often do you check your Spam Folder?
 
I check my Trash folder everyday. I have set-up Spam Assassin with a whitelist so that ALL email not whitelisted goes to Trash. Because I have several teaching websites, I receive 200 or more emails daily. Thus, I often get emails that are not on my whitelist. Scanning the Trash box for valid emails is easy to do because my email app is PopPeeper.

BTW -- here in Hawaii, canned Spam (Spiced Ham) is a very popular food. My family loves spam musubi for snacks. We also enjoy spam and eggs for breakfast. Spam with hotcakes is to die for!
 
I check my Trash folder everyday. I have set-up Spam Assassin with a whitelist so that ALL email not whitelisted goes to Trash. Because I have several teaching websites, I receive 200 or more emails daily. Thus, I often get emails that are not on my whitelist. Scanning the Trash box for valid emails is easy to do because my email app is PopPeeper.
I think you mean the Spam Folder.
 
I think you mean the Spam Folder.
I named it Trash Account on my server.

I configured Spam Assassin with a whitelist filter instead of the usual blacklist filter. VoodooShield, anti-exe apps, & firewalls use whitelisting to block malware. So I use whitelisting to block trash mail.

To wit, Assassin filters mail from whitelisted senders so that it goes to my primary email accounts. It dumps the left-overs into the Trash. Works great for me 😊
 
Last edited:
I check it whenever it isn't empty, as sometimes non spam emails go to there, rather than the Inbox. If any legitimate emails reach my spam folder, even if they're emails I don't want, I report them as not being spam, so that in time such emails will go straight to my Inbox. Whenever spam email reaches my Inbox, I report it as spam rather than deleting it from my Inbox.
 
Does the Apple Mail app offer many options for filtering / customisation?
On iOS it doesn’t offer any.
It applies filtering automatically and is a bit too aggressive sometimes.

On Mac OS it offers the following:
Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 15.31.50.png
Over time as you mark as junk/not junk it learns quickly.
 
Last edited:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top