Question How often does your modern Web Browser crash?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Balrog

Level 6
Verified
May 5, 2015
I don't remember when the last time this happened was, but it must have been literally years ago. I use Firefox and Brave, I usually have 5 to 6 active tabs without crashing issues. I have Adguard installed to avoid ads and so on.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Just bringing up that question for me was more like a statement, of how long it's been since my browser had crashed. That hasn't even come to my mind as far as the stability of our browsers nowadays. Years ago I used to get these fairly often with FF. Maybe the add-ons have also become more stable, or the bad ones that caused problems, weeded out.
edit: about 85% of my browsing is done with Chrome.

Hxm1j.png

Last edited:

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Your answer caught my attention so if you allow me to ask you, how much ram does your computer have installed? what type of applications do you run? Thank you.
Had 16GB (2x8) one isn't working due to blue screen that's why i only have other as 8GB lol and Simplewall, ShareX, Firefox with some more addons, Discord and photoshop sometimes (it's my hobby) that's a reason it got crashed so i open it again after close discord/photoshop it went ok...

P.S: runs Windows 11 that's for PC.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Like 6-7 months ago or thereabouts. The cause here was a mis-configuration in Sandboxie Plus which was fixed with an update. Firefox otherwise has been very stable and responsive. for the longest. (y)

32 GB of memory now but when I had only 16 some years ago, I would get some Radar Pre-Leak 64 events. Hasn't happened in recent times, though.

Balrog

Level 6
Verified
May 5, 2015
Had 16GB (2x8) one isn't working due to blue screen that's why i only have other as 8GB lol and Simplewall, ShareX, Firefox with some more addons, Discord and photoshop sometimes (it's my hobby) that's a reason it got crashed so i open it again after close discord/photoshop it went ok...

P.S: runs Windows 11 that's for PC.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. My wife uses Photoshop/Illustrator/Indesign and they are indeed memory hogs. But it hasn't had any crash situations, performance drops when the files are "heavy".

Reactions: CyberTech

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.