Advice Request How to bypass this anti ad block on animedao.to site?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
How to bypass this anti ad block on animedao.to site? Click one of the anime series then I got this message stated that I have to disable adblock or visit another site to play the media

xK2EYxVZ8u.png

Last edited by a moderator:

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
The only way i got it to work on my Firefox setup was by Disabling ClearUrls addon as well as uBlock Origin. I could not find a single script whatsoever in the logger from uBlock origin that needed looked at aside from the usual Google stuff...... and ClearUrls gave me at least 30 log entries from domains (all 3rd party) that got cleaned just to not gain access to viewing the site....

That website is upto no good, if you ask me. :unsure:

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I don't have any issue playing the same video on this website

do you have any DNS- or router-level ad filter? -> if you do have, turn it off and try again

how many blocked items reported by your adblocker? What are your filter lists?

Capture.PNG

GrumpyCoffeeCup

Mar 3, 2021
Same issue here

do you have any DNS- or router-level ad filter? -> if you do have, turn it off and try again
View attachment 254937
This is Chrome, right? What kind of extensions are you using? I don't know what the rightmost 2 are, the monkey face and the one on its right.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
This is Chrome, right? What kind of extensions are you using? I don't know what the rightmost 2 are, the monkey face and the one on its right.
it's chromium by woolyss. I'm using ublock origin. The monkey one is Violentmonkey and the right one is Windows Defender browser protection
I turned off Violentmonkey to test the website.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Thanks. So windows defender + ublock + chromium by woolyss and I might be able to play the site.
I think the main player is ublock origin but with proper filters

I will try to test the site with different set of filters and see which one blocks the anti-adblock script

EDIT: I used google chrome + ublock origin default settings. I was able to play the video flawlessly

Capture.PNG

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Disabling java stop the notification but also breaks the page... so i have no idea ;)
I think the main player is ublock origin but with proper filters

I will try to test the site with different set of filters and see which one blocks the anti-adblock script

EDIT: I used google chrome + ublock origin default settings. I was able to play the video flawlessly

View attachment 254938
Someone on r/ublock origin told me to purge all caches and update all filters again. I did that and it fixed. Weird why it is do that. Must be tech common malfunction out of nowhere.

View attachment 254937
You watch anime too?

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
I browsed the website and even watches an episode of an anime
Project Scard depicts the encounters and battles of those who have tattoos which possess the sealed powers of divine beasts and gods. The story is set in the Akatsuki Special Zone, a lawless zone in Tokyo. "Helios" are those who use the ability of the tattoos to protect the city, "Artemis" are committed to maintain security and control, whilst having a strong commercial motive, and the "Public Security Special Service" are Scard Staff of the metropolitan police department. They live through the turbulent days to keep on going.

I am not 'catched' by anime, I have the same with horror series like the walking dead or French-Italian movies in which people only seem to talk or Scandinavian crime series with weird mass murderers. That is what I like about the free world: each to his/her own liking (and as long as they don't restrict or hurt others) I am happy people have choices

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
That's good to remember: to purge the caches of uBlock Origin. Very good that it works for you again. (y)

I have a pretty robust ablocking setup: AdGuard for Windows w/most AdGuard base and Fanboy lists enabled plus Trace w/some custom settings--and the episode still loaded and played fine. So, some uBO list/s may have been updated in the interim. This was playing in Opera browser.

Opera Snapshot_2021-03-05_204834_animedao.to.png

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I also tested and purging cache didn't work for me. Resetting ublock worked. Same filters as before. Not sure whats the issue was. Maybe something on "My rules" tab but I had never visited that site before.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Good to know that purging the cache has fixed it for you. If you encounter something like this in the future for any sites and purging doesn't work then it's possible to report it in one of these places and it will be fixed soon. Before reporting make sure you're using the default filters because it's possible that sometimes a filter added by you could cause some problems.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Why? I allow ads for this purpose alone to support those webpages, theirs only income is from ads, if you block ads, they will shut down eventually. So it will be yours loss, not theirs.

All it takes is about closing 2-3 popups and that is all. I used to pay for anime, but why bother, when you can have it for free (with ads). 🤔

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 381

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.