Question How to find out which searx(ng) is the most reliable?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Check user reviews and feedback on privacy forums. Also, test various instances for uptime, speed, and search results relevance. Remember, reliability can be subjective and vary based on your specific needs.

Alexai

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 12, 2023
Go below and find

Previously, you can select search engines but sometimes back you can't. I think it was last year that search engines selection was removed.

I use the search.disroot.org when I'm not using Brave. You can still select search engines.
I can't do a selection.

HarborFront, how do you know that's a secure instance?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
HarborFront, how do you know that's a secure instance?
Read

In short, hosting your own private instance is the most secure. Otherwise you need to trust the public instance that others host

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexai

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Search Engine Party Now I remember where I decided to go for disroot. But in this site there are few serx(ng) instances,
so SearXNG instances (but here there's no disroot 😅)
If you can't trust this, you can't trust anyone or anything. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.