Guide | How To How to slim Windows 10 and make it superfast

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
How to slim windows 10? use LTSC N or pay for NTLite.
LTSC + NTlite. The fact is LTSC is still not light enough. NTLite is better if people know what they are doing
if you don't mind about using third-party ISO, use Ghost Spectre's LTSC version. I tried to make my own ISO using NTlite but it's no way as fast and stable as his

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
LTSC + NTlite. The fact is LTSC is still not light enough. NTLite is better if people know what they are doing
if you don't mind about using third-party ISO, use Ghost Spectre's LTSC version. I tried to make my own ISO using NTlite but it's no way as fast and stable as his
I totally agree. I have been using Ghost Spectre 1809 LTSC on quite a lot of PCs for 2 years. 0 problems with it.

Recently, I updated to 21H2 LTSC and it is not as stable as 1809 LTSC was. For instance I had some problems with printing and hangings. On the other hand, I installed 21H2 Pro from Ghost Spectre and got no issues whatsoever.

I recently tried W11 from Ghost Spectre on VM, freshly installed both W10 Pro 21H2 vs W11 Pro 21H2 on split screen. Installation is about 10% slower, boot up times are about 15% slower (it is about when Windows logo goes out, until there they are 1:1), about 200/250 MB extra RAM usage and overall, if I try to limit graphic performance on VM, it feels much more sluggish on W11 side.

Right now, for me, W10 Pro 21H2 from Ghost Spectre is just the sweet spot! Also, the fact you can still enable security updates and then do build updates via Ghost Toolbox, which removes dirt after the update is a great plus! (although if I have no problems I never do build updates)

See you!

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
As far as I know, the Windows 10 operating system has basic settings in which you can customize it to your needs, right?
Customization with basic settings is possible, but Windows settings are esoteric and include a maze-like side. At this stage, where the old and new setting screens appear alternately, the impression is that it is'better'instead of'best'.

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
For Windows 10 I have found this script to give me the right balance between removing useless stuff and not breaking functionality (you need to run it from sysprep right after getting into OOBE):

PD: by default it keeps the UWP codecs required for most apps to get HW video decoding as well as essential UWP apps.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.