Advice Request How to whitelist steam login page on 3rd party site in UBO?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Hello. I have global 3rd party scripts and frames disable, and enable both local only for bungie.net but when I try to login via Steam, it won't let me login without disable global 3rd party frames and scripts. I already added the steam login page on bungie.net whitelist for UBO but it won't let me login. How do I fix this?
Od3veM7kPH.png

• Wow
Reactions: oldschool

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
You are doing this completely wrong allowing things like doublecklick and google analytics.
Probably you only have to noop (gray) (or if that not works allow (green)) anything steam related like steamcommunity.com
If you noop or allow that globally (on the left side) it should work with all steam logins.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
You are doing this completely wrong allowing things like doublecklick and google analytics.
Probably you only have to noop (gray) (or if that not works allow (green)) anything steam related like steamcommunity.com
If you noop or allow that globally (on the left side) it should work with all steam logins.

There is none. Even disable UBO for Bungie only will not work. You can visit Bungie.net and test it yourself. I turn on doubleclick and google analytics temp to test.
firefox_QHtVMwOHwy.png

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I strongly suggest you read this Thread and do some research, check out the YouTube tutorial and other links, e.g.. µBo Wiki, etc. you will find there to learn how to properly use medium mode. You have run into problems like this before, e.g. this thread and others. You cannot expect help if you haven't researched this forum and elsewhere to learn how to use this extension. Please do some research and then ask questions.

And when you've done this, please post further questions on the first thread cited above. That way, readers have a central location for info. (y):) Thanks!

(Edit in italics)

Last edited:

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I strongly suggest you read this Thread and do some research, check out the YouTube tutorial and other links, e.g.. µBo Wiki, etc. you will find there to learn how to properly use medium mode. You have run into problems like this before, e.g. this thread and others. You cannot expect help if you haven't researched this forum and elsewhere to learn how to use this extension. Please do some research and then ask questions.

And when you've done this, please post further questions on the first thread cited above. That way, readers have a central location for info. (y):) Thanks!

(Edit in italics)

I watched these two videos below and I cannot find the answer. Turn off global 3rd party scripts blocking on Bungie allows me to sign in via Steam but turn on global 3rd party script blocking and local 3rd party scripts allow on Bungie will not allow me to sign in via Steam. This means UBO is still blocking despite I config 3rd part frames and scripts local allows on Bungie. I can't turn off UBO on Steam login page because I don't see UBO in that page.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Good find (y) It is a new move to fight adblockers No ads no access :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seems they use the tag management and counters (of doubleclick) to determine whether you are blocking their advertising and tracking calls. It is not related to third-party blocking. As soon as one of the blocklists (static blocking engine) blocks their advertising, you are out. So you need to lower your fences and disable your adblocker for that website completely.

P.S. Please follow advice given by the seasoned members: study the documentation and use NOOP (bypass dynamic filtering) in stead of ALLOW (bypass dynamic and static filtering). Although in this specific case I can understand you ended up using ALLOW in stead of NOOP.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I can't reproduce your problem with similar uBO configurations.
View attachment 231215View attachment 231216
This doesn't make any sense
I can reproduce this issue on my secondary laptop using same FF and UBO settings. Here is the file settings of my UBO below. I even refresh my FF back to default and no work once I enable global 3rd party frames and scripts blocking. I think UBO is being a dick or something. Turning off UBO still blocking the site! I uninstall UBO then install UBO then update filters then check i am advanced user then red global 3rd party frames and scripts and I cannot login to Bungie until I turn off global 3rd party scripts.

Here are my FF settings
Home > Always ask you where to save files
Home > uncheck web search, top site, recommend by pocket, and highlights
Search > DuckDuckGo search engine
Privacy & Security > Custom: Check everything > Cookies: All Third Party Cookies > Tracking Content > In All Windows
Privacy & Security > Send websites a “Do Not Track” signal that you don’t want to be tracked: Always
Privacy & Security > Cookies and Site Data: check Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed
Privacy & Security > Uncheck Logins and Passwords
Privacy & Security > Uncheck Forms and Autofill
Privacy & Security > Uncheck FireFox Data Collection And Use

Firefox about:config
media.peerconnection.enabled (WebRTC) = false
privacy.resistFingerprinting = true
privacy.trackingprotection.fingerprinting.enabled = true
privacy.trackingprotection.cryptomining.enabled = true
privacy.firstparty.isolate = true
privacy.trackingprotection.enabled = true
geo.enabled = false
media.navigator.enabled = false
network.cookie.cookieBehavior = 1
network.cookie.lifetimePolicy = 2
network.dns.disablePrefetch = true
network.prefetch-next = false
webgl.disabled = true

Attachments

• my-ublock-backup_2019-12-22_13.02.09.txt
    21.1 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: [correlate]

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
I recommend opening the uBO log to see what is being blocked while you try to access that page.
Very much this! There's probably some filters which blocking it. I briefly checked his attached uBO settings back up and I saw so many filter lists being used. Which begs another question why do you use so many lists if you're already using uBO medium mode?

@SumTingWong Can you open and/or login into steam sites normally? Do you encounter any errors when you're accessing steamcommunity.com and store.steampowered.com?

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Hello. I have global 3rd party scripts and frames disable, and enable both local only for bungie.net but when I try to login via Steam, it won't let me login without disable global 3rd party frames and scripts. I already added the steam login page on bungie.net whitelist for UBO but it won't let me login. How do I fix this?View attachment 231141

I'll post a set up for you hope it help. Only difference is that i use (hard mode) but it should work all the same for you. The grey tabs on the first image is called noop.

Attachments

• 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    145.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    56.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    38.9 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I recommend opening the uBO log to see what is being blocked while you try to access that page.

I don't know about this ubo log, but someone also mentioned and suggested as well on r/UblockOrigin as well. I am able to open up ubo in third party login pages and able to enable 3rd party frames and scripts. Now everything is working fine.

@SumTingWong Can you open and/or login into steam sites normally? Do you encounter any errors when you're accessing steamcommunity.com and store.steampowered.com?

I already whitelisted those two and able to login fine but not third party login page implemented onto site like Bungie. Even with default UBO filters, it still blocking third party login pages.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Thought I would have another look at it, because I was intrigued by the first encounter when I looked briefly at it and found out I had to enable google manager and double click to allow steam log-in scree to appear. To my surprise with only Easylist's Malware blocklist (in Opera advertising protection) and W3C_top200 (in Opera tracking protection) enabled and NO uMatrx blocklists (all assets disabled), but only third-party medium mode blocking, Steam log-in would pop-up. Also notice that the only thirdparty currently is twimg.com

Mhh Surprising website Steam login is shown (picture 1), but W3C_top200 does not block Google Tag manager (picture 2), I am lost, probably better to turn my atention to Crunchyrool again (see hilarious comment of @Burrito :ROFLMAO: )

1577446546091.png

1577447464902.png

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.