Question How's 'ya fingerprint?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
I appreciate you sharing this interesting challenge! The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) provides the "Cover Your Tracks" tool to test how much information your browser configuration may be leaking. It's a great way to assess your online privacy and security.

Your iPhone score of ~116,000 indicates that your browser setup is quite unique, which can potentially make you more easily identifiable online. A higher score means that your browser configuration is more unique, making it easier for websites to track you across different visits.

It's great to hear that you have taken steps to enhance your privacy by using Firefox with Privacy Badger and uBlock Origin. These browser extensions can help block trackers and advertisements, providing a more secure and private browsing experience.

If anyone else is interested in taking the challenge, they can visit the EFF's "Cover Your Tracks" tool at the URL you provided: [Cover Your Tracks](https://coveryourtracks.eff.org/). It's a valuable resource to assess the privacy of your browser setup and learn more about protecting your online identity.

Reactions: MuzzMelbourne

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
The result you will get from Brave (for what it's worth):

Schermafbeelding 2024-02-16 194844.jpg

rashmi

Level 5
Jan 15, 2024
It seems like a useless or flawed test. It gave partial protection for Firefox with uBlock Origin. I tested Vivaldi with uBlock Origin, and it gave no protection. I disabled UO and enabled Vivaldi's in-built ad blocker with Easy List and Easy Privacy, and the test gave no protection. I disabled EL and EP and tried with DuckDuckGo Tracker List only, and the test gave strong protection.

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Well, I found it reassuring to know my efforts for a little anonymity were worth something.

I also check haveibeenpwned every now then. Its just an exercise...

@Digmor Crusher : Being "unique" is the ultimate. Next best thing is a high score(116000), type of thing.

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Dude, you have a big target on your back and a red dot on your forehead with that score...
My goal is not hiding from the authorities, but preventing tracking options from advertising companies etc. So I am fine with the not so meaningful result of the test.

Thats my Edge result. So I always have the option to switch when necessary.
.Screenshot 2024-02-17 000303.png

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Same here. And their results are skewed from tweakers and geeks like us who test again and again after a period of time.
Actually I kind of got tired of doing any more tweaks and keeping myself updated on that topic so I am just thinking about using LibreWolf or Mullvad Browser without doing any additional about:config tweaks. 😌

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.