Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
I can't block browser mining scripts
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Mentioned in the thread
This is... weird. I can't block coin-miners scripts on any browser on my system.

I have AdGuard for PC with a lifetime license. I have some filters, including coinminers filter. But I can't block, for example, this specific site:

Crypto-mining URL Warning!
Code:
https://windscribe.com/miner/76ymafne
(which is a referral link a user here posted so we could help him browser mine for extra Windscribe GB's).

When I load it, I get no notification from AdGuard, which is active, and my GPU and CPU numbers show I'm mining. Posted on Adguard Github page: windscribe.com · Issue #19475 · AdguardTeam/AdguardFilters and I got told they're not having that issue at all.

So, here I said: let's try another thing.

1. Installed NoCoin extension. No blocking
2. Installed MinerBlock. No blocking
3. Installed ScriptSafe for godsake. No blocking.

Right here I started thinking it was a browser issue. Tried few several others. No blocking.

Okay RoboMan, time to think. Okay, we may have some incompatibilities. Which software may be screwing web filtering? Well obviously my antivirus.

4. Disabled Kaspersky web script injection. No blocking
5. Disabled Kaspersky whole Web Module. No blocking

What else? I have OSArmor and MBAE.

6. Disabled both. No.goddamn.bocking.

So this is my lifestory, please drop a like and suscribe, If it's the first time you watch any of my videos please share it with your friends :D

PS: HELP OR I'M GONNA BECOME A BURNED OUT ROBOT

Last edited:

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Mine doen't block it either , just shows it as green

I edited my post 28.

EDIT again and now ublock is showing googletagmanager.com. RED
I think you allowed googletagmanager.com manually. This is mine at default on MalwareTips.
Screenshot_2.png

I

Upvote 0

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Can I please get some help from others that also use Opera? I need a screenshot from the site along with Operas built-in process viewer. Shift+Esc. Have only that site open in Opera as it's important to try measure the sites action alone. Be also sure you have the Nocoin feature enabled in settings and not using any other software/tools that would kill the mining as it's the Negative result in Opera I'm after.

Personal I get the exact same result where the CPU spikes and goes a bit above 50% and it dosen't matter if I use the first link or cut away the last line. I'll be using your screenshot in the discussion I have with Opera Team.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Webroot bright cloud detects it as High risk and infected.
Also, Yandex browser blocked the miner(blocking it since months ago )as offensive ads.
BTW this miner is legit and Avs shouldn't block this page.
Interesting, I wonder if Webroot software products detect it as well?

Upvote 0

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
Nope :) @SumTingWong
It's a function to mine for upgrades to your Free Account.

1mio hashes: Resert Bandwidth limitation
10mio hashes: Add 10GB to max traffic/Bandwidth
50mio hashes: One month pro

If you have made enough 10mio hash payments you don't need pro anymore. That's what I'm aiming at.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.