Advice Request I Installed SpyShelter Premium and Now None of My Browsers are working.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Ikunga

Thread author
Apr 19, 2023
So today I decided to install spyshelter premium even though I hadn't paid for it. So installed the setup and it told me to restart my pc after. It then told me "This driver doesn't run on your pc" and I searched it up on opera gx (default browser). I got the solution to the problem from the Microsoft PC helper website and it told me to disable my core isolation. I did that and restarted again, this time my opera gx browser didn't auto startup like usual, instead, it brought me the spy shelter premium app randomly brought me prompts to have access to some of my Windows services like e.g. "network via DNS Resolver service" and give permission to do certain actions. I clicked "allow" for all of em however, it felt really suspicious, so tried opening my Windows security but it just brought a full white screen then it automatically closes itself. I then tried opening my default browser (opera gx) but no reaction happened. Thinking it was just a malfunction, I restarted my pc but it my browser still doesn't open, and neither did my Windows security. I then tried to uninstall the spyshelter app on my control panel and I think it went away, but I still can't open my browser. ... I then installed it again. And now I am on this forum trying to seek any help. Ty for reading. (NEED HELP ASAP)

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
It seems like the SpyShelter Premium installation has caused some issues with your system. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you resolve the problem:

1. Boot your PC in Safe Mode with Networking:
a. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
b. Type "msconfig" and press Enter to open the System Configuration utility.
c. Navigate to the "Boot" tab and check the "Safe boot" box, then select "Network" and click "OK."
d. Restart your PC to boot into Safe Mode with Networking.

2. Uninstall SpyShelter Premium:
a. Press the Windows key + R, type "appwiz.cpl" and press Enter to open the Programs and Features window.
b. Find SpyShelter Premium in the list of installed programs, select it, and click "Uninstall." Follow the prompts to remove the software.

3. Run an antivirus scan:
a. In Safe Mode with Networking, download and install a reputable antivirus software (if you don't already have one) and run a full system scan to ensure that no malicious files are present on your computer.

4. Reset your browsers:
a. For each of your installed browsers (e.g., Opera GX, Chrome, Firefox), search for instructions on how to reset them to their default settings. This will clear any potential issues with the browsers caused by the SpyShelter installation.

5. Restore your PC settings:
a. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
b. Type "msconfig" and press Enter to open the System Configuration utility.
c. Navigate to the "Boot" tab and uncheck the "Safe boot" box, then click "OK."
d. Restart your PC to boot back into normal mode.

6. Re-enable core isolation:
a. Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
b. Go to "Update & Security" > "Windows Security" > "Device Security."
c. Click on "Core isolation details" and toggle on "Memory integrity."
d. Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

After completing these steps, your browsers should work normally, and your system should be free of any issues caused by the SpyShelter Premium installation. Remember to only install reputable software and avoid using unlicensed or cracked versions, as they may contain malware or cause unexpected issues.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
So today I decided to install spyshelter premium even though I hadn't paid for it. So installed the setup and it told me to restart my pc after. It then told me "This driver doesn't run on your pc" and I searched it up on opera gx (default browser). I got the solution to the problem from the Microsoft PC helper website and it told me to disable my core isolation. I did that and restarted again, this time my opera gx browser didn't auto startup like usual, instead, it brought me the spy shelter premium app randomly brought me prompts to have access to some of my Windows services like e.g. "network via DNS Resolver service" and give permission to do certain actions. I clicked "allow" for all of em however, it felt really suspicious, so tried opening my Windows security but it just brought a full white screen then it automatically closes itself. I then tried opening my default browser (opera gx) but no reaction happened. Thinking it was just a malfunction, I restarted my pc but it my browser still doesn't open, and neither did my Windows security. I then tried to uninstall the spyshelter app on my control panel and I think it went away, but I still can't open my browser. ... I then installed it again. And now I am on this forum trying to seek any help. Ty for reading. (NEED HELP ASAP)
@Ikunga You can try to contact via email the new support team of Spyshelter helpdesk@spyshelter.com

Spyshelter developers inform about "incompatible drivers" due to Windows Core Isolation what must be turned off until Spyshelter development is ready with a new version...

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
SpyShelter is long-time developed app so I could risk and say that actually every issue is already documented and resolved so please feel free to report if you observe something strange or not understandable for you.
You have to be prepared that SS is based on local rules created by dev and/or by user what means for sure you be alerted about action you have to react. It depends on chosen protection level. No help and support from outside, no signatures, no cloud analysis - you are the master :cool:
If you will be interested you may look at my review to find basic info and more advanced tips

• Hundred Points
Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.