Sale going on for Norton Premium for 10 Devices. $18/year if you are Amazon Prime member. Valid 3/22/2022 only.
Lowest I have been seen since Thanksgiving treat at $19.99. Enjoy.
![]()
Do you get the key right away or do you have to wait?
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Sale going on for Norton Premium for 10 Devices. $18/year if you are Amazon Prime member. Valid 3/22/2022 only.
Lowest I have been seen since Thanksgiving treat at $19.99. Enjoy.
![]()
Thanks for the heads up. Wonder why the delay in sending the key?Still waiting for them to send the key. You can get an additional $5 off using this coupon code: MISSYOU5
Also, if anyone is using a Norton Core router, they just announced $200 Best Buy Gift Card credit.
Replacement router offer for Norton Core users in the US
Today we started sending email instructions to Norton Core users with the opt-in information for $200 Best Buy Gift Card from us to use on any router purchase at Best Buy. We are sending the emails out in stages daily so if you have not received your email yet, stay tuned. To opt-in for this...community.norton.com
If I were you , choose another AVI am thinking about trying Norton again. Anyone here running it on Windows 11? If so, how goes it?
I am. Runs very smoothly and runs unnoticeable.I am thinking about trying Norton again. Anyone here running it on Windows 11? If so, how goes it?
running fine on my computerI am thinking about trying Norton again. Anyone here running it on Windows 11? If so, how goes it?
If I were you , choose another AV
I don’t use Norton , McAfee or Avira or any AV with crypto mining . For me av should be pure avThere is one thing I don't understand and I want to point it out.
I can understand those who do not approve of Norton's inclusion of crypto-mining in the antivirus. This is not the function of a security software, and that I understand.
But, I don't understand why boycott or even bash Norton? Avira does it too, and nobody talks about it...
Especially since Norton went back on its decision, Avira did not say anything (except that it will be disabled by default)
About their "scam" advertising Norton is getting burned, but I remind you that McAfee does it too
A little rant, but that had to be said![]()
For me an av should follow GDPR and don’t collect Cc data or crypto mine. That’s why since I’m from the EU but currently living in Malaysia I rather go for EU AV.Why because of the crypto thing?
for me an antivirus must be reliable and Norton is not
In protection it is reliable(see the Hub)
Nobody is bashing Norton. On these forums, even the slightest of legit criticism is called out as bashing.There is one thing I don't understand and I want to point it out.
I can understand those who do not approve of Norton's inclusion of crypto-mining in the antivirus. This is not the function of a security software, and that I understand.
But, I don't understand why boycott or even bash Norton? Avira does it too, and nobody talks about it...
Norton has not removed the crypto mining module. It has only stated it will disable it by default.Especially since Norton went back on its decision, Avira did not say anything (except that it will be disabled by default)
Nobody is bashing Norton. On these forums, even the slightest of legit criticism is called out as bashing.
This is about Norton, not Avira. Bringing Avira into this discussion is whataboutism. Avira is used by barely anyone here as it is just not that popular.
Norton has not removed the crypto mining module. It has only stated it will disable it by default.
Norton, like the others, cramming all the bloatware modules they can into their products as a means to attract all those neophytes that think "more modules means much better." It is not about delivering a secruity-focused product. It is about marketing and generating revenue via shady practices - a fair criticism that has been leveled against all these main stream security software vendors for the past 30 years.
Norton's most egregious practice is requiring a credit card to use their trials. That practice is just plain consumer abuse.
Please go back and read what you posted. That is not what you said. You said that Norton "reversed its decision" without any further detail. In English, that means that they chose to remove the module. That would be the interpretation that most native speaking English people would arrive at.I think you misread
I never said that Norton was deleting the service. Just that it leaves the choice to the user to activate and use it.
At no time did I say that they removed it. I advise you to read again![]()
Avira might be owned by Symantec, but this thread is about Norton. I could care less what Norton does with Avira. Just because Avira is doing it has nothing to do with Norton. Norton might own Avira, but Avira runs independently of Norton with its own senior management calling the shots.Then, hypocrisy? Avira has been bought by NortonLifeLock
It's the same system as Norton, so it's normal that I talk about it.
Please go back and read what you posted. That is not what you said. You said that Norton "reversed its decision" without any further detail. In English, that means that they chose to remove the module. That would be the interpretation that most native speaking English people would arrive at.
So I was just going by what your prior post means to most native English speaking peoples.
Avira might be owned by Symantec, but this thread is about Norton. I could care less what Norton does with Avira. Just because Avira is doing it has nothing to do with Norton. Norton might own Avira, but Avira runs independently of Norton with its own senior management calling the shots.
Any crypto module is just piling more garbage onto their already bloated product.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes