Advice Request I just installed Windows 10 after using Windows 11 since its early beta

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

byronbytes

Level 2
Mar 30, 2022
I think it's funny how everyone complained about the start menu since Windows 8, Windows 10 managed to somewhat fix it, and then they managed to ruin it again with Windows 11.

I'm not switching to Windows 11 until most of the bugs are fixed, because looking at the patches, there are tons of random crashes and bugs that still occurr.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
My prediction is, you'll return to Windows 11 soon ;)
I am back now on Windows 11 Dev 22h2 25120
And still have the old unsupported PC.
1653041110743.png

1653041131051.png

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Update: Back to Windows 10.
1662888663373.png

Reason: Sick of having to set the Text size to 106 in order to get rid of the pixelated/blurry text.
hxxps://www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/vj4kac/why_are_the_texts_not_clear_as_if_there_is_blur/

Not having Taskbar options like small taskbar and ungroup taskbar icons.
Menus look bigger in Win11. I don't like that.
Not having Ribbon in File Explorer.

Bottom line: I will use Windows 10 till its extended support.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Loving Windows 11 for well over a year, yet to have a major crash or issue - Where these problems others have come from I can only wonder?
Keep wondering till the end of 2025. That time MS might deliver better version of Win11, which will be Win 12.

P.S. You wrote: " yet to have a major crash or issue" I did not get your meaning.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
I mean it's been pretty stable & without issues & apart from a few minor cosmetic problems when first installed the preview June last year, overall the most stable & likeable OS I've used - However it's personal choice what we use - We don't know what's happening in 2025 though - At the end of the day its an operating system & whatever you use most most of day to day browsing & use will be similar as with Linux too.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
@Sorrento I agree with your overall statement/idea. Yes, its stable as Win10 but I always hate if the new software update, or new version is a drawback from the previous version. Win11 is the same.
Why remove some features that did work pretty fine for years, and for savvy people and pro enthusiastic geeks?

If MS adds options, then I am fine, otherwise I feel I am forced to use something and feel depreciated on that.
I would ask for such options to have as below:

Option to remove rounded window corners.

Option to enable Compact context menu as default.

Option to have a compact Taskbar option like Windows 10’s small taskbar icons.

Option to never combine taskbar items.

Option to disable Folder thumbnails.

Option to have Ribbon in File Explorer.

Thanks.

Reactions: Sorrento and Mystic

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Have you tried Start 11? I've not used it but it des give some of the features you want and I agree probably shouldn't have been removed in the first place?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.