Never notify (disabled)
Real-time security
Basic setup:
SpyShelter FW, SeonfigXP, Shadow Defender, Keriver 1-Click Free
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
EEK
Malware sample testing
I do participate in malware testing. See details about my testing environment below.
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox - NoScript, BluHell Firewall, HTTPS Everywhere
Chrome - TunnelBear Blocker, Canvas Defender, Smart HTTPS
Maintenance tools
FreeCommander/STDUViewer/XnView/1by1/XMPlay,/MPC BE
CCleaner/Privazer/RegSeeker,/Revo Unist.Free,
Anvir Task Manager/Process Hacker,
ERUNTgui/WinContig/WinPrefetchView
File and Photo backup
file manager synchronisation
System recovery
Keriver 1-Click Free

ichito

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Some changes...perhaps temporarly...and instead of SS currently works OA in last free version with emu :cool:

171208201458_1.jpg

ichito

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
You are bored with SS?
I'll try to answer your question using my words from SG (alreday tranlsated from Polish :))
"How I don't like perfect things...after some time such things start to be predictable to the pain ...and then they start to be boring. SpyShelter is a permanent component of my security setups and sometimes it seems to be such a "predictable". In result I start to dig inside my archives and search for some old things that once intrigued me, but for some reason I abandoned them in favor of other applications."

he is a time traveler !!! :p
Yesss :cool: According to words from Law#10
security is journey, not a destination
Ten Immutable Laws Of Security (Version 2.0)

ichito

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Small changes - SD as allways and as companion PCTools FW and OSArmor...extremely light :)

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@ichito: please edit and fill again the fields of Your config (were lost with the forum update) or create a new config, and this one will be sent to archive section, thanks :)

ichito

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
And now back to "old-school" config: Look'n'Stop, GeSWall and Shadow Defender :)

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Still using Vista I see? Based on Vista alone this looks like a simple and secure setup. Thanks for posting.

~LDogg

ichito

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
lol the vintage but efficient ones. No Defensewall?
DW has only paid version but I haven't key to activate it...30-day trial could be fine but pop-up "buy pro" is annoing :)
GSW in free version has known limitations but in common cases (especialy when is connected with SD and LnS) can be quite good protection.

In some cases, a prefix "User-Dependent" should be added instead of "Risk"
Yes...I agree that it can be good prefix in some cases (y)

Reactions: Al-Faqir

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@ichito needs to migrate to Windows 10 64-bit.

Simple and secure.
In fact, it's quite the opposite.
  1. Vista
  2. 32-bit
As of April 11, 2017, Windows Vista customers are no longer receiving new security updates, non-security hotfixes, free or paid assisted support options, or online technical updates from Microsoft. Microsoft has provided support for Windows Vista for the past 10 years, but the time has come for us, along with our hardware and software partners, to invest our resources toward more recent technologies so that we can continue to deliver new experiences. (Source)

In some cases, a prefix "User-Dependent" should be added instead of "Risk"
Please read Guidelines - Posting under the PC Security Configuration Wizard (2018). Share your thoughts at Community Feedback

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I think We already talk about this matter a while after this Config was 1st posted :unsure:

Reactions: ichito

ichito

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
So...I should only say "sorry"...my setup will be perhaps allways "risky" doue to I'm rather person who like to have own opinion ;) Additionaly I prefer configs that based on local rules and restrictions and not on signatures/monitoring from "deep space" of developers. It means that probably nobody and never will find in my mashine (I like old systems :cool:) "full-metal-tank-suite" with tons of tools "anti-A, anti-B, anti-C, etc." that could stick more to some criterias.
Have a nice day :coffee:;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.