Advice Request If you own an Android phone, which brand?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which Android phone brand do you own?

• Google (Pixel, Nexus)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Huawei

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • LG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samsung

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sony

• Motorola

• OnePlus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xiaomi

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other Android-brand

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Pssshh...Apple (iPhone)

• Total voters

gin

Level 7
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
I've got a Meizu M2, which I've recently upgrade to Android 7.1, using custom firmware. I bought it,, because it was very cheap, had decent specs for the price and Meizu is a quality brand.

I paid just $130 for it, three years ago. With custom firmware, it is running much faster now, than when I bought it.

One day, I'll replace it with something with better specs and battery life. But, for now, it works fine for everything I use it for and for the most part, I can't fault the quality, despite the cheap price.
can you tell me, what custom rom 7.1 are you using on meizu m2

Reactions: Weebarra

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
If I have to choose something with unlimited budget allowed, I will go either with a Sectra or a Blackberry for secure communications.

I liked also copperhead project until was supported.

LineageOS cover much devices from various vendors, one of them. (y)

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
samsung note 8 ..... very fast nice steady phone ...... iphone 7 plus was really great too but i am used to android so i would rather have android

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Samsung for me although it's quite old now... now Galaxy S3. When it dies (which will be soon) i either won't replace it or i will try to find a cheap supermarket brand as phones don't mean that much to me. I couldn't care less what it looks like or what it does really as long as i can make a call/text that'll do me. Most smart phones are just bundled with s..t that no one wants or hardly ever uses anyway. :)

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Samsung, apple or xiaomi because they have what I want

already had bad experiences (n): sony, HTC, LG

cannot get: nexus/pixel, oneplus because they don't sell in my country

what I hate from my favourite brands:
samsung: glass back, delicate screen when it breaks you will lose a lot of $ for replacement
apple: OS restriction, battery life of smaller phones, no expandable storage, 3.5mm jack
xiaomi they start removing the headphone jack, camera quality on lower-end phone, can't find a phone which perfectly suits my needs in the whole xiaomi family, either too big or the camera is not good enough. The high-end ones lack the headphone jack, more delicate design, not the best battery life (~3000mah)

Last edited:

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Samsung for me although it's quite old now... now Galaxy S3. When it dies (which will be soon) i either won't replace it or i will try to find a cheap supermarket brand as phones don't mean that much to me. I couldn't care less what it looks like or what it does really as long as i can make a call/text that'll do me. Most smart phones are just bundled with s..t that no one wants or hardly ever uses anyway. :)

I didn't know that you're a minimalist too. Nonetheless, bang on target regarding "Most smart phones are just bundled with s..t that no one wants or hardly ever uses anyway".

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
can you tell me, what custom rom 7.1 are you using on meizu m2
Resurrection Remix.
Rom Resurrection-Remix 5.8.5 Build 2018123 Latest 7.1.2 Updated

I've found it to be very stable, with everything working. However, I have had some charging issues lately. Sometimes, my phone will show it's charging, but won't actually charge and the sometimes the battery will drain, unless I'm using the original charger. However, I do not know if it an issue with the firmware, or perhaps due to the age of the battery.

This is a link to most of the custom firmware available for the M2 (Mini).
Meizu M2 / M2 Mini Forum on XDA Developers

I

illumination

Surprised HTC is not in the line up with how long they have been around in the mobile market.

chuckle.png

Reactions: harlan4096

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Samsung galaxy note 4. Still works fine after 3 years. If my phone would not work anymore I would probably buy an Acer liquid zest plus because of the long battery life it has.

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.