Solved Infected by very sticky adware, now nothing can dectect it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, let's try one fix.

Apply the fix and do not restart your computer. Let me know if you still have problems after it.


FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
​

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.
 

Attachments

Thanks TwinHeadedEagle. After running the FRST fix again, there're no rogue ad audio or pop-up windows with either Edge or Chrome. However, the normal rating pop-window doesn't show up when I click rating in the forum I have been visiting frequently for 5 years. The rating pop-up window shows up normally if I turn on Adblocker Plus in the browsers. I have nerve had problems with my old laptop (OS is Win7) when I visit those websites. Please see the attached fixlog of the latest fix.
 

Attachments

I understand nothing here. Do you have pop-up, audio or any kind of unwanted advertisement when Adblock is ON? If not then it is a good thing. You should keep it enabled and it is a solved thing.
 
Yeah I'm fine with Adblock Plus. I probably will get my computer reinstalled by the manufacturer to see how it goes. After making sure there's no malware in my computer, I will have to stick to Adblocker if I still have the problem. I'm not sure why I don't have any problem using my old laptop to visit the same websites. I just compared the webpage I see on my new laptop and the old laptop. I noticed the webpages showed on my new laptop are actually hijacked, with loads of illegitimate ads while my old laptop shows only legitimate ads or no ads!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top