Advice Request Internet connection slowdown with Kaspersky

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Kaspersky Security Cloud is very light and has a game mode, Avast free is not as light for general use, but has a better game mode that suspends all non-gaming user processes, it really works, it improves your frames even better than not having an antivirus. I think both are a better option than Panda, Panda isn't great...
Panda With VS combo is super secure.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

DSD27

Level 5
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
Panda With VS combo is super secure.
But what's the point, when you have to install two softwares, which combined are still worse than Kaspersky. Close one to game, launch it again after... VS will bother you with popups. Too much nagging, makes no sense to me.
Just use one good AV, much more simple and efficient. Kaspersky or Avast, Avast not only is a good AV, better than the other two combined, it will also improve your performance in games.
Avast's Hardened mode is better than VS...

Last edited:

Mariihh

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2018
Kaspersky Security Cloud is very light and has a game mode, Avast free is not as light for general use, but has a better game mode that suspends all non-gaming user processes, it really works, it improves your frames even better than not having an antivirus. I think both are a better option than Panda, Panda isn't great...

Do you work for Avast? you are the only one who defends nails and teeth in relation to this antivirus draft, in any topic you mention Avast, nobody wants to know, the topic is about Kaspersky, when I want a program to sell my personal data to companies and etc. , then you can mention Avast.

You should change your username to: Avast fan club LOL

DSD27

Level 5
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
Do you work for Avast? you are the only one who defends nails and teeth in relation to this antivirus draft, in any topic you mention Avast, nobody wants to know, the topic is about Kaspersky, when I want a program to sell my personal data to companies and etc. , then you can mention Avast.

You should change your username to: Avast fan club LOL
Just because I'm not a sheep who hates on Avast to look cool and get likes, because I saw some other guy doing it, that doesn't mean I work for them. I've also mentioned Kaspersky.
The topic's subject changed to gaming antivirus, in cause you haven't noticed. But if you want to talk about a program selling your precocious and secret personal data, we can talk about Avast, Facebook, Google, Microsoft and many more. If you want a program to sell your personal data to russian government, we can also mention Kaspersky.

Last edited:

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I love Kaspersky, but I am suffering Internet connection slowdown to download games at Steam/Rockstar or any other launcher, even updates.

I use Kaspersky on my gaming machine and never noticed extreme slowdowns like this, Steam download graphic doesn't go smoothly and begin stopping and coming back download or stop completely, reinstall Windows without Kaspersky (only Windows Defender) and everthing goes smootly and download doesn't even stops. Therefore it's not my Internet.

It's annoying, I can't even download a game without clicking each 15/30 min to resume download because Internet connection went zero.
Just an idea... I had a game that completely quit working on steam and started crashing and after the latest steam updates even steam was running very bloated and lagging my system too BUT my daughter decided to install and run the latest version of Razer Cortex game booster and wow... I had played with that program in the past and it was ok, but now vastly improved. It will disable about 18-20 services when you run a game (steam or not) and of course re-enable them when you quit the game, and it releases some memory back when you start the game also. The difference was night and day and my games and steam are more stable again! (I let my daughter be the guinea pig and then I installed it too) LOL. It is completely free and also even has a few nice features. System clean up tools on demand or schedule is also included! Just an idea if you want to try it. Razer Cortex: Game Booster

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Just an idea... I had a game that completely quit working on steam and started crashing and after the latest steam updates even steam was running very bloated and lagging my system too BUT my daughter decided to install and run the latest version of Razer Cortex game booster and wow... I had played with that program in the past and it was ok, but now vastly improved. It will disable about 18-20 services when you run a game (steam or not) and of course re-enable them when you quit the game, and it releases some memory back when you start the game also. The difference was night and day and my games and steam are more stable again! (I let my daughter be the guinea pig and then I installed it too) LOL. It is completely free and also even has a few nice features. System clean up tools on demand or schedule is also included! Just an idea if you want to try it. Razer Cortex: Game Booster
I noticed that too about Steam!

Thanks for the tip. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.