JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
I cannot run IE 11 , I can only access to Google home page.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
None
Hello
I cannot run IE 11 , I can only access to Google home page.
Can you help me ? :eek:
IE1.PNG

IE2.PNG

IE3.PNG

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
run DCOMCnfg.exe, then try again. I will be back in a while, I'm quite busy now. Till then, you may try to run IE from it's installation directory.
No problemo;) I'm also very busy.
Where is IE' installation directory ?
And I'm not sur to find DCOMCnfg.exe ?

Reactions: yitworths
Upvote 0
I

illumination

No offense to anyone here, but that is your business machine, and i guarantee you have corruption, more then likely from one of the 3rd party security applications of even Kerish doctor which you just mentioned you removed... You need to either run scf/dism scans via media creation tool on a flash drive, or back up important work, and wipe that machine and give it a clean fresh install. I would perform the latter, no matter how much work it is, to make sure the machine is sound and stable again. The time you have spent trying to avoid wiping the machine, you would be almost done setting it up again.

Upvote 0
I

illumination

he has run a sfc /scannow, my french is no good but it seems at post #10 there is no data integrity violation.
The machine he ran it from has issues, he stated restore point no go, scans no go, ability to use browser, still no go, 3rd party applications capable of corrupting the browser were certainly a go... I would try it from bootable media, and if it fails to find or fix anything, i would wipe the system for a clean start.

I will not comment further here, it is up to the user the extent of time they would like to waste.

Upvote 0

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
he stated restore point no go

Windows restore points may get broken under many circumstances.Broken restore point is not a viable indicator of infection.

@JB007 do you use ipv6?You may disable Ipv6 temporarily,reboot your pc & try again. Or you may try to set ipv4 & ipv6 dns to google dns,flush dns& try again. Although I can't assure you, but it's worth a try.You may try to restore firewall to default(It may reduce your security).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Thanks+++ @yitworths and @illumination for your help(y):)
This afternoon, I was thinking what is the better solution for me and I also search with Google if there is the same issue for other users with IE11 and/or Edge. I was very lucky because I found this topic HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread (#14975 & #14976), so I decided to try uninstalling HitmanPro.Alert and MIRACLE after reboot IE11 and Edge are working without any problem:emoji_ok_hand::)
I'm not sure but I think that my PC was not corrupted but there was some icompatibility with HMPA :unsure:

Upvote 0
I

illumination

Hello,
This afternoon, I was thinking what is the better solution for me and I also search with Google if there is the same issue for other users with IE11 and/or Edge. I was very lucky because I found this topic HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread (#14975 & #14976), so I decided to try uninstalling HitmanPro.Alert and MIRACLE after reboot IE11 and Edge are working without any problem:emoji_ok_hand::)
I'm not sure but I think that my PC was not corrupted but there was some icompatibility with HMPA :unsure:
I was not aware HMP was part of the equation or i would have definitely recommended removing it as part of or the solution, i was under the impression NVT OSA was uninstalled and may be the cause.. I'm pointing this out, as maybe with these threads, listing what you do have on your system still and steps taken right before problems occurred should be mandatory to list...

Im glad you have this figured out though and was able to do so without having to wipe it all.

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
I was not aware HMP was part of the equation or i would have definitely recommended removing it as part of or the solution, i was under the impression NVT OSA was uninstalled and may be the cause.. I'm pointing this out, as maybe with these threads, listing what you do have on your system still and steps taken right before problems occurred should be mandatory to list...

Im glad you have this figured out though and was able to do so without having to wipe it all.
Hello @illumination , Thanks for your help.
I apologize for this lack of information:emoji_flushed: , but on my post #50 I explained which security softwares are running on my PC:

IE can connect only google page and also If I choose "images" it works well ??!!
Yes I'm using ESET + HMPA + Heimdal Pro with suitable exclusions.
Previously NVT OSA but I have uninstalled it.

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
You did have HMPA also... how many real-time protection do use:emoji_neutral_face:?

yep...glad you didn't wipe your pc:cool:... Are you noticing any anomaly at this moment?

Btw,how are you feeling now;)?
Hello @yitworths , Thanks+++ for your help.
Before this problem ESET IS + HMPA + Heimdal + OSA
Now ESET IS + Heimdal
Actually all is working fine on this PC but I have not tested the restore points.
I feel good;)
droopy.PNG

Upvote 0

gin

Level 7
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Hello,
good to you :emoji_ok_hand:

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.