New Update Introducing New Norton Utilities Ultimate for Windows!

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
We are thrilled to introduce our latest release: the all-new Norton Utilities Ultimate, an in-house solution designed to provide unparalleled performance optimization and system maintenance for Windows users.

welcome.jpg

Here are the Key Features of New Norton Ultimate:

Screenshot%202023-05-11%20at%2011.58.35%20AM.png

NUU1.jpg

NUU2.png

Source: Introducing New Norton Utilities Ultimate for Windows!

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Based on Avast Cleanup, which was based on AVG TuneUp, which was based on Tuneup Utilities (German TuneUP software that had very nice defrag algorithms back in the days).

I like the ability to remove uninstall leftovers.

Last edited:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I find interesting that AVs mark disk/registry cleaning utilities as PUA, yet when they do the same, it is OK.
This piece of software has at least some usability, albeit very minor in the form of the program deactivator. It reduces a lot of OEM bloatware (like various updaters, support assist software, etc) without you having to uninstall. Once in a blue moon when you need it, it’s there.

The leftovers scan is a nice touch too. Everything else is useless. For example cleaning browser cache may free up a gigabyte but how long will it be before it is regenerated? Windows and browsers have built-in cleaning that works with minimal muss and fuss and I always prefer that.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I think avast ruined avg tuneup, now it's like a toy. Perhaps it is a stereotype from the Chinese, I think some functions are necessary for system cleaning software, so I was shocked when I saw that avast cleanup/avg tuneup did not have a startup item management.
It did have startup items manager and the full blown program deactivator.

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.