enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
iOS 16.3.1 is rolling out today to iPhone users, alongside iPadOS 16.3.1 for iPad. These updates include fixes for iCloud performance, Siri and Find My, and Crash Detection optimizations for iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models. Head below for the full release notes.

You can update your iPhone to iOS 16.3.1 by heading to the Settings app, choosing General, then choosing Software Update. The build number for today’s update is 20D67. It’s available for any iPhone capable of running iOS 16, which includes the iPhone 8 and newer.

“This update provides important bug fixes and security updates for your iPhone,” Apple says.

Here are the full release notes for iOS 16.3.1:

• iCloud settings may be unresponsive or incorrectly display if apps are using iCloud
  • Siri requests for Find My may not work
  • Crash Detection optimizations on iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models
Alongside iOS 16.3.1, Apple is also rolling out the following updates for its other platforms today:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
The iOS 16.3.1 update that was released today appears to be causing issues with Google Photos, so iPhone and iPad owners who use Google ‌Photos‌ should probably avoid updating.

Multiple reports on social media complain about the issue, which The Verge also highlighted. It appears that the Google ‌Photos‌ app is crashing instantly when ‌iPhone‌ and ‌iPad‌ users attempt to open it after upgrading to the latest software.

There is no word on when the problem will be fixed, and whether a fix requires an update to the Google ‌Photos‌ app or can be done server side.

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
The siri fix...

This could explain the multiple pop-ups I am now getting that "Speech Downloader" is trying to modify the system settings on my MacBook Pro. Considering I don't use siri on any of my devices, i thought it was weird.

Thanks.

• Thanks
Reactions: JB007

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.