Advice Request Is it Okay to Run Hitman Pro Alert along with Malwarebytes Premium and Kaspersky Security Cloud?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

always_forever

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 1, 2021
I know there are differing schools of thought here. I've been running Kaspersky Security Cloud and Malwarebytes premium and recently added Hitman Pro Alert for its anti-keylogging and text encryption (which I really like).

However, I've read there can be software conflicts and don't want to cause them and make the pc less secure.

Is one or the other (MB or HPA) better overall? Better at preventing keylogging?

Any help appreciated as I'm trying to optimize my setup!

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Kaspersky Cloud has a LONG list of software that it says it's not compatible with. HitmanPro.Alert and Malwarebytes Premium are both on the list. They could be running fine together and one update later, things are a mess. So take heed and avoid running all three products at the same time.

If you're using the paid version of HMP.Alert, this will become very assertive on your system. If you're running an un-supported operating system like Windows 7, I would choose HitmanPro.Alert. Alert is on Kaspersky's list of incompatible software, it seems. I would avoid running them together.

Likewise, HitmanPro.Alert and Malwarebytes Premium are not recomended to run together on the same system. This thread covers Alert.

Many antivirus can already detect most keyloggers. Do you download a lot of "grey" software? Here are some combos you can consider. Nothing is bullet-proof of course. Seeing as you paid for these, might as well use them in some other form.

MS Defender and Malwarebytes Premium | MS Defender and HitmanPro.Alert | Kaspersky Cloud and MBAE beta free

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
If you using Kaspersky Security Cloud, paid version, You have all the coverage you need, if you're worried about keyloggers, there is a virtual keyboard you can use or try ,Spyshelter its well known for its Keylogger protection, has free trial. HPA and Malwarebytes are on Kaspersky's list of incompatible applications, Spy shelter is not.There are many others *** compatability is important when running multiple security programs.****
arrow-4.jpg

Anti-keylogger software
Zemana AntiLogger
SpyShelter Anti Keylogger
QFX KeyScrambler
GuardedID Premium

GIT Anti-Keylogger

Privacy Keyboard

Thiagoo

Level 3
May 10, 2021
I don't recommend using the premium version of MBAM with KSC because it will cause conflicts (both have real-time protetion modules), but you can use MBAM Free (no real-time protection) as a second opinion scanner along with KSC.

I'd just keep KSC with some second opinion scanners, HitmanPro Alert seems a little bit overkill (and incompatible too) for me.

always_forever

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 1, 2021
Many antivirus can already detect most keyloggers. Do you download a lot of "grey" software? Here are some combos you can consider. Nothing is bullet-proof of course. Seeing as you paid for these, might as well use them in some other form.

MS Defender and Malwarebytes Premium | MS Defender and HitmanPro.Alert | Kaspersky Cloud and MBAE beta free
Thanks for the informative reply! I only download tools to help me be more productive and work as well as software to strengthen security.

Do you think I could just turn off all real-time protection in Malwarebytes Premium and use that for a scanner only alongside Kaspersky Security Cloud? I use the free version of KSC and have uninstalled HitmanPro.Alert.

always_forever

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 1, 2021
If you using Kaspersky Security Cloud, paid version, You have all the coverage you need, if you're worried about keyloggers, there is a virtual keyboard you can use or try ,Spyshelter its well known for its Keylogger protection, has free trial. HPA and Malwarebytes are on Kaspersky's list of incompatible applications, Spy shelter is not.There are many others *** compatability is important when running multiple security programs.****
I'm using the free version of Kaspersky Security Cloud and am thinking of just turning off real-time protection with Malwarebytes Premium. I didn't fully consider software conflicts. Interestingly, I've generally been running KSC and MB Premium together on two computers and only one of the two ever reported a conflict. I was surprised to see that both of them didn't.

I do think KSC will detect keyloggers but I know that nothing's perfect and there has been much discussion about this. Maybe I should add Spy shelter to the setup.

I thought that MB Premium detected more malware including ransomware and Kaspersky was more of an AV only but that's probably my limited understanding. I can say that, with the setup I've been running, MB has caught a lot more trojans (in email, for example) than KSC so I'm a little leery of turning off real-time protection.

I'm having trouble having faith that KSC would then catch those once real-time protection is turned off in MB Premium. I guess I need to have faith in KSC but maybe I should upgrade to paid? Perhaps KSC will catch more due to fewer conflicts and I know Kaspersky is highly rated...

Reactions: Nevi and Dave Russo

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I know there are differing schools of thought here. I've been running Kaspersky Security Cloud and Malwarebytes premium and recently added Hitman Pro Alert for its anti-keylogging and text encryption (which I really like).

However, I've read there can be software conflicts and don't want to cause them and make the pc less secure.

Is one or the other (MB or HPA) better overall? Better at preventing keylogging?

Any help appreciated as I'm trying to optimize my setup!
Doesn't Malwarebytes Premium already have a strong exploit protection? HitmanPro.Alert would't add much value to that setup I guess. I'd say that KeyScrambler would be a better pick if you just like the keystroke encryption.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Kaspersky Cloud has a LONG list of software that it says it's not compatible with. HitmanPro.Alert and Malwarebytes Premium are both on the list. They could be running fine together and one update later, things are a mess. So take heed and avoid running all three products at the same time.

It also has "KC Softwares SUMo" so I don't count that list as being 100% reliable

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
@plat1098

I installed KSC free to give it a spin. I was requested to uninstall Malwarebytes anti-Exploit beta during the installation.
I went trough the incompatible software list on the link you provided and I see Malwarebytes but no reference to MABE.
I reinstalled it without any hiccups, so far.
Do I need MABE or it is just an overkill?
Is it worth to risk an unexpected conflict down the line ?

BTW I run KeyScrambler and VS too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and plat

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.