Advice Request Is Kerish Doctor a Legitimate, Safe and Effective Product?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Is Kerish Doctor legitimate, safe and effective product?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
Is a legitimate product that worked great for me and for which I purchased a two year license BUT some weeks ago I was also getting BSODs, so I uninstalled it.
Then I reinstalled again a couple of days ago, did the recommended cleaning and rebooted. After the reboot my laptop returned to it's initial settings! like it was almost a new Windows 10 installation. My documents and softwares were gone. Hopefully Kerish Dr. has an Undo feature and everything went to normal. Needless to say that -sadly- I'm not gonna be using Kerish in the near future.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I will vote legitimate. I think any registry cleaning and Windows optimizer products cause more damage than good. Nobody knows better how the kernel works than Windows Engineers (and maybe the NSA and maybe Nvidia and Intel lol) but definitely not smaller companies that claim to do so. From my experience, cleaning registry with such products has either had no effect, or some configurations were gone or Windows broke and slowed down. Not using registry cleaners has been one of the better decisions I have made.

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Is a legitimate product that worked great for me and for which I purchased a two year license BUT some weeks ago I was also getting BSODs, so I uninstalled it.
Then I reinstalled again a couple of days ago, did the recommended cleaning and rebooted. After the reboot my laptop returned to it's initial settings! like it was almost a new Windows 10 installation. My documents and softwares were gone. Hopefully Kerish Dr. has an Undo feature and everything went to normal. Needless to say that -sadly- I'm not gonna be using Kerish in the near future.

Had the same issue. :oops:

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I've never had any trouble with Kerish.

The cleanup crew uses it on thousands of computers a year and we've never had any issue. Make sure to disable/pause your security apps when making intense changes though, just in case. No clue of any settings in kerish that would reset a system.. LOL

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
I've never had any trouble with Kerish.

The cleanup crew uses it on thousands of computers a year and we've never had any issue. Make sure to disable/pause your security apps when making intense changes though, just in case. No clue of any settings in kerish that would reset a system.. LOL

I have an image of my W10 system made with Acronis. This image just have W10 along with a few software programs. This image was copied into my current hard drive that nowadays has photo and video editors, antivirus, sound enhancers etc.

After Kerish Doctor cleanup and after rebooting, the initial image made with Acronis appeared: old desktop background image, the same few software programs, all my documents and icons on the desktop were gone, etc. I even got the "Welcome" and setup message from Microsoft Edge, like it was the first time I was to use it.

SO, yes, Kerish did got my system back to it's initial system image. I don't know how but @BigWrench also had the same problem. So I'm not alone in this and something bad must be happening.

As for security apps... I'm currently using Windows Defender and Zemana Antilogger which in the past never showed signs of incompatibilities with Kerish Dr. Maybe now there are incompatibilities but no, I'm not going to risk losing my documents again.

Of course I have my important documents in Google Drive and OneDrive and external drives but still is annoying losing the other less important documents and having to reinstall and register software again.

Last edited:

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Wanted to share a little issue that Kerish Doctor helped me fix this week.After a Win 10 update, after restarting, the screen remained black, no desktop, nothing.

Kerish Doctor's realtime failure detection showed me a notification,asking if i wanted to fix the issue. I agreed, and in about 5secs my Desktop Screen was back.:D

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Wanted to share a little issue that Kerish Doctor helped me fix this week.After a Win 10 update, after restarting, the screen remained black, no desktop, nothing.

Kerish Doctor's realtime failure detection showed me a notification,asking if i wanted to fix the issue. I agreed, and in about 5secs my Desktop Screen was back.:D

Likewise it has helped me on occasion fix a few screwed up systems.

A good last chance before the reinstall/reimage.

Regards Eck:)

Barakah

Level 3
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
Been using it for two years and never had any issues. Generally, I’m very careful when it comes to using my laptop, so I don’t cause significant issues. I never heard about Kerish breaking systems. I remember when I was using Tune-Up Utilities and it screwed my system. You can’t go wrong with Kerish. Just stay away from Registry Cleaner.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013

Thank you for sharing what measured up to be a similar update thorn in the side of my wife's newer device, an identically perpetual black screen on an HP laptop over the entire weekend! :eek:

Stubborn silly me, without a backup image or the "backstage pass" procured by Doctor "Kerish", it wasn't until late Monday night I'd finally let go of my wishful fantasy her system might work though it,:cautious: & fix itself, and so recuperated by refreshing Windows back to its original factory settings.:rolleyes:

It is nice to know that next time a Kerish Doctor can be in the house if he's ever needed! :D

Last edited:

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Thank you for sharing what measured up to be a similar update thorn in the side of my wife's newer device, an identically perpetual black screen on an HP laptop over the entire weekend! :eek:

Stubborn silly me, without a backup image or the "backstage pass" procured by Doctor "Kerish", it wasn't until late Monday night I'd finally let go of my wishful fantasy her system might work though it,:cautious: & fix itself, and so recuperated by refreshing Windows back to its original factory settings.:rolleyes:

It is nice to know that next time a Kerish Doctor can be in the house if he's ever needed! :D
Thnx for sharing mate.Yes, whatever you do, a backup is essential. Kerish Doctor is a good choice, you never know, it may save you some time, when you least expect a problem to happen.(y)

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
To be fair with Kerish Dr., I have to say that today I used Windows 10's "Disk Cleanup" and did a "Windows Update Cleanup" that was taking 8GB of my hard disk. After rebooting, I got the same results as when I used Kerish Dr.: my laptop seemed like it was refreshed to almost factory settings (Microsoft Edge welcomed me, the original Toshiba background picture in my desktop, 99% of my installed softwares were gone, my photos, documents, downloads, etc dissapeared.

Fortunately a restore point of a week ago was available. I restored and everything was OK again.

So, now I see that maybe there is something wrong with my W10 installation.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
According to my experience KD is quite reliable, but yes something can happen.
Sometimes I wonder why we continue to use this type of tools. .. is it mandatory? :rolleyes:

I wonder too. Only things mandatory are death and taxes. And chocolate. I just need something to clean up history, cookies, especially in Edge. Something that gives me the precise control of CCleaner without the BS - so I don't have to delete all cookies, for instnace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.