Advice Request Is Shadow Defender officially dead now?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Frib004

Level 2
Verified
Nov 17, 2018
Reactions: Nevi and Cortex

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
I have this update installed and it didn't caused any problems. However, the problem with slow startup with SD it's since I start using Windows 10 in 2018.
Thank you for your help, but I think only an update in SD can solve this problem.

You are pretty alone with that problem during so many years, maybe some problem with the Os. I would make a backup of current Os and then reinstall to see if it vanishes on the new one and that way get an answer.

Frib004

Level 2
Verified
Nov 17, 2018
You are pretty alone with that problem during so many years, maybe some problem with the Os. I would make a backup of current Os and then reinstall to see if it vanishes on the new one and that way get an answer.
I've already unninstalled when I bought the Kingston A400 SSD and the same problem, the difference is with HDD the system take more than 2 minute to boot when Shadow Defender was enabled. But with SSD the problem persists, but is 40 seconds instead of 2 minutes.
I've already installed older versions of Shadow Defender and the problem persists the same way.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
I've already unninstalled when I bought the Kingston A400 SSD and the same problem, the difference is with HDD the system take more than 2 minute to boot when Shadow Defender was enabled. But with SSD the problem persists, but is 40 seconds instead of 2 minutes.
I've already installed older versions of Shadow Defender and the problem persists the same way.

Hmm, very odd.

Tried Deep Freeze?

Frib004

Level 2
Verified
Nov 17, 2018
Tried Deep Freeze?
Deep Freeze I didn't tried yet, but as far I know, in Deep Freeze you can't exclude files/folders like you do in Shadow Defender, except by creating a "ThawSpace", but I'd like it has a option to add local files, because some games in Steam save in other folders like appdata, for example. Unless I copy the save game folder and move to Thaw Space, I don't know how I can save my games.
I know, it's a embarrassing question hahaha.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Deep Freeze I didn't tried yet, but as far I know, in Deep Freeze you can't exclude files/folders like you do in Shadow Defender, except by creating a "ThawSpace", but I'd like it has a option to add local files, because some games in Steam save in other folders like appdata, for example. Unless I copy the save game folder and move to Thaw Space, I don't know how I can save my games.

I do not know either but i think they have that info on their homesite or a good help file in the program. Beside their support.

But thoose are the 3 programs, so far as i know, that exists that can do what they do. Otherwise a really reliable and fast backup/restore program like Macrium Reflect can be an alternative.

Last edited:

gonza

Level 2
Sep 10, 2019

Hi. This is not a fix to SD slow boot, but I also use Steam or GOG to play games, and yes, sometimes is easy to forget to make a backup of your saved games. Some games have Steam Cloud support but some don't. Also, some games save wherever they want...

So, my advice is to try this software: GameSave Manager and the Steam Community Steam Community :: Group :: GameSave Manager

It's fully portable and it has a lot of supported games.

koloveli

Level 4
Well-known
Sep 13, 2012
shadow defender protect your data against ransomwares or modifications not authorized, but is necessary a good software of the protection as comodo internet security, lmt antimalware or 360 total security both freewares

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Shadow is maybe the most useful program I have - I always run it when others use this PC, never had issues apart from the time I forgot it was still running & I was perplexed why changes to the PC were not saved - I realised eventually ... Duuuuuhh :p:p:p

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
is there anything else i should add to userspace?
c:\Windows\*\bitsadmin.exe
c:\Windows\*\powershell.exe
c:\Windows\*\powershell_ise.exe
c:\Windows\*\wscript.exe
c:\Windows\*\cscript.exe
c:\Windows\*\mshta.exe
c:\Windows\*\hh.exe
c:\Windows\*\wmic.exe
c:\Windows\*\scrcons.exe
You posted to the wrong thread.

PD20

Oct 12, 2019
Hi everyone. I have read this forum for a few years now but not submitted many comments. However today I have a question. Does anyone have any experience using Kaspersky Free and Shadow Defender together? Any conflicts? Thank you

Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.