Advice Request Is using two Antivirus at once really that effective?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I read on other forums that it is possible to run Malwarebytes alongside other antivirus ?
Announcing Malwarebytes 3.0, a next-generation antivirus replacement - Malwarebytes Labs
Can I still run Malwarebytes alongside my Symantec, McAfee, etc.?
Certainly! We built Malwarebytes 3.0 to be compatible with all major antivirus software, even Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Essentials.
Malwarebytes 3.0 files to be added to AV Exclusions List
Some antivirus applications require exclusions to be defined for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, so that they do not interfere with Malwarebytes operation and vice versa. These are typically referred to as exclusions or ignore list entries. The following is a list of Malwarebytes programs which should be placed on an Exclusion list if required.

This list is specific to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 3.x.

Exclude the following folders: (The complete folder)

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService
Exclude the following files:

• C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys
  • C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys
For specific steps on how to add these files to your antivirus' exclusion list, you will need to contact your antivirus provider directly for best results.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.