Solved JavaCritical Virus: Still there after following steps

CaliDad

Thread author
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
I just hit the reset button. I clicked the login button on this website and got some pcwebboost.com popup ad.

CaliDad

Thread author
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
Hi, I'm back. Yes, I did reset the router. There's a reset button in the back. Is there another way?
I still have this shitty little virus. I followed all your steps, I uninstalled chrome this morning and still I have this ##### popping up in new windows.

CaliDad

Thread author
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
I was out of town last week. I am still getting pop up windows in the browser. I also got an automatically downloaded java file today. I have attached the latest screenshot of the popup window. I just can't seem to shake this, Clint. Help me!

Attachments

• virus screenshot.png
    virus screenshot.png
    261.6 KB · Views: 63

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please include their content into your next reply.

CaliDad

Thread author
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
Ok, here are the reports.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    23.5 KB · Views: 93
  • FRST.txt
    43.2 KB · Views: 64

CaliDad

Thread author
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
Seriously? Nothing? This is driving me crazy. Could it just be in the browser?
It's not all sites but I can't pinpoint which ones.
Should I be concerned, is it harmful that I get these popup windows?

CaliDad

Thread author
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
Darn, I don't remember. I'll make a list of sites where this occurs. I've tried some of the main ones and it's not happening right now.

CaliDad

Thread author
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
I have the axp.zedo popup virus. I just read the blog post to remove it. How will I know if it did?

CaliDad

Thread author
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
Yes, both chrome and IE. I just got another popup from tensoft.com to update my flashplayer. I still have this virus. How can none of the 4 virus programs find this? Crazy.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.