Assigned Join Zemana Beta Group

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Changelog: Zemana AntiMalware 3.0.500 Beta
Wednesday, December 19, 2018 5:04 PM

Crashes related to adding an item to quarantine are fixed

Ntfs related crashes are fixed

Renewal button will not be shown anymore when you have a lifetime license (Credits to Emanuel and Sinisa)

Scan title issues are fixed (Credits to Sinisa)

Menu navigation during an ongoing scan is optimized

Minor improvements

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Hi @ZAM3_PO

I have 2 screenshots for you that I make from the installer I use the german Version Installer that are 2 things not translated into german language please check and fix

Can you say when will you release the multilanguage Version of ZAM 3

With best Regards
Mops21

@Mops21 , we are currently focusing on core features such as full scan and realtime but we will add previously supported languages sometime soon.

PauloXBR

Level 1
Verified
Dec 9, 2012
Not a best practice.

New version, probably new driver, etc...

From what I read, this is not even a beta yet, more an almost finished alpha.

Serious Beta-testing is usually done on installing the tested app on a security-free system. Since devs expect feedback from eventual issues with the OS, stockpiling it with other security apps would make the results inaccurate.

This is not yet public beta testing, where we look for incompatibilities with softwares.

I did the test on my pc and F-Secure asks to uninstall Zemana, I know that F-Secure is annoying at this point ...

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
hello, I just try the new beta version. I kinda like it
However, I do miss the Drag-and-drop custom scan because zemana stable version always skips the "Users" folder where a lot of malwares reside
Smart scan + Users folder scan is faster than a Full scan with similar effectiveness if malwares are only in C: drive

Miss Onnellisuus

From Zemana
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Dec 12, 2018
hello, I just try the new beta version. I kinda like it
However, I do miss the Drag-and-drop custom scan because zemana stable version always skips the "Users" folder where a lot of malwares reside
Smart scan + Users folder scan is faster than a Full scan with similar effectiveness if malwares are only in C: drive

Hey @Evjl's Rain as you know we are still collecting feedback and at the moment I can not say anything will this option be available or not, but I believe once the stable version is out, you won't be disappointed! :D

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@Miss Onnellisuus @ZAM3_PO - I keep getting a message on shutdown that an app is not closed, would I like to shutdown anyway. The image is a generic application file and it is small so I cannot verify with certainty that it is Zemana. However, I have made no changes to my system since installing Zemana Beta and I never received this message prior to adding the Beta. It is not a problem but is rather annoying. I am using W10 v. 1803.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Rejoined the Beta Group and hope Zemana bounces back.

Ironic, I found MT thru license issues with ZAM years ago, and I came back to MT just in time for ZAM 3 Beta!

Threw the latest 500 beta on a VM and testing it there.

Few concerns and few things I will monitor and very OCD about

1. Its in beta, so the FP and not few samples went thru are understandable, the detection and AV scanner will get improved and smarter.
2. The amount of logs it writes to the disk, if i recall properly on ZAM 2 it constantly writes the App/roaming/zemana area and also program data, without anywhat to clear it on the UI, i really hope that gets implemented in 3.0 to view and clear such logs.
3. Drivers left over are another I have (ZAM) i recall having to regedit and a lot of steps to just delete the ZAM file from sys32
4. I really hope the license issue is fixed, Many can attest that I have lifetime license that just magically disappears and become invalid.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
@Miss Onnellisuus @ZAM3_PO - I keep getting a message on shutdown that an app is not closed, would I like to shutdown anyway. The image is a generic application file and it is small so I cannot verify with certainty that it is Zemana. However, I have made no changes to my system since installing Zemana Beta and I never received this message prior to adding the Beta. It is not a problem but is rather annoying. I am using W10 v. 1803.

Hi @oldschool, would it be possible for you to send us a feedback through UI with a screenshot of this attached? We will be happy to investigate this and try to help you.

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Rejoined the Beta Group and hope Zemana bounces back.

Ironic, I found MT thru license issues with ZAM years ago, and I came back to MT just in time for ZAM 3 Beta!

Threw the latest 500 beta on a VM and testing it there.

Few concerns and few things I will monitor and very OCD about

1. Its in beta, so the FP and not few samples went thru are understandable, the detection and AV scanner will get improved and smarter.
2. The amount of logs it writes to the disk, if i recall properly on ZAM 2 it constantly writes the App/roaming/zemana area and also program data, without anywhat to clear it on the UI, i really hope that gets implemented in 3.0 to view and clear such logs.
3. Drivers left over are another I have (ZAM) i recall having to regedit and a lot of steps to just delete the ZAM file from sys32
4. I really hope the license issue is fixed, Many can attest that I have lifetime license that just magically disappears and become invalid.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Hi @Svoll , We are very happy that you got a chance to test ZAM 3.0 Beta.

1. As you mentioned, FP rate might be a bit higher than usual for now (this is a very early beta afterall) but this gives us opportunity to analyze such files based on your valuable feedback and improve the detection and its accuracy very quickly.
2. Feature to view logs through UI seems like a good idea. We will surely consider this. However, log files will automatically be refreshed when it passes certain size and when application automatically starts at system startup.
3. Drivers and other leftovers will not be the case for ZAM 3.0. We will fix this and once you delete ZAM, it will not leave anything behind.
4. We made many improvements on license experience for ZAM 3.0. You may not notice this for now but with time, these improvements will be more visible to you.

Lastly, Happy holidays to all MT users! :)

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Hello, 10 pages is a lot so, hopefully this isn't a repeat of someone else's observations. I submitted feedback thru Zemana interface also. Basically, whenever I open ZAM, it opens to whatever window was last viewed. If I looked at "Quarantine," it would open to that, or Settings, Whitelist, whatever. Should it not open to Home every time?

Also, looking forward to a right-click context menu option. An ETA, please? Will it be available in any free version or like HitmanPro, only in paid ones? :giggle: Also, I am still getting the System warning event id 5 regarding the amdrv driver failing to register with Filter Manager. I had reported this earlier in the thread. Just letting you know.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.