Assigned Join Zemana Beta Group

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Display of options besides 'Quarantine' truncated in UI.

Attachments

• 2018-12-26_115231.jpg
    2018-12-26_115231.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 255
Reactions: harlan4096

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
@ZAM3_PO
@Miss Onnellisuus

Issue on 3.0.597 report :

I had activated the【Auto upload】option in advanced page in version 3.0.590 ,
after upgrade to 3.0.597 , the auto upload option just deactivate by itself ,
seems the custom settings can't be save ?

2018-12-27_02-08-03.jpg

When i try to close my VM system ,
system pop up a warning message say the process " AntiMalware.ex " make the system can't be close .

The strange thing is , the process's filename extension is " .ex " , not " .exe " ,
not sure is bug or not .

2018-12-27_02-10-13.jpg

Reactions: oldschool

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Ok, updated to version 3.0.597 thru the ZAM interface, and this was very clean and quick. Still have Zemana opening to whatever window was last viewed and then closed. Is this an intentional feature? :unsure: I mean it's only an extra click to get to the Home window but every other software I've used opens to its Home page by default. I see I have only 6 days left on the trial, it's been a little fun and I look forward to the finished product.:)

bandicam20181226132436823.gif

Reactions: oldschool

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
@ZAM3_PO
@Miss Onnellisuus

Issue on 3.0.597 report :

I had activated the【Auto upload】option in advanced page in version 3.0.590 ,
after upgrade to 3.0.597 , the auto upload option just deactivate by itself ,
seems the custom settings can't be save ?

View attachment 204350

When i try to close my VM system ,
system pop up a warning message say the process " AntiMalware.ex " make the system can't be close .

The strange thing is , the process's filename extension is " .ex " , not " .exe " ,
not sure is bug or not .

View attachment 204351

Hi @KevinYu0504,

Thanks a bunch for your feedback. We will check this first issue. Could you please send this on UI as a feedback?

Second issue is rather strange. Can you reproduce this or was it a one time issue?

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Ok, updated to version 3.0.597 thru the ZAM interface, and this was very clean and quick. Still have Zemana opening to whatever window was last viewed and then closed. Is this an intentional feature? :unsure: I mean it's only an extra click to get to the Home window but every other software I've used opens to its Home page by default. I see I have only 6 days left on the trial, it's been a little fun and I look forward to the finished product.:)

Hi @plat1098,

Thank you for bringing this up again and for demonstration :) Your request is quite reasonable therefore it will be fixed. We just need a little patience as we have many things to do. It sure will be fixed in following releases. Make sure to keep the application updated :)

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
Hi @KevinYu0504,

Thanks a bunch for your feedback. We will check this first issue. Could you please send this on UI as a feedback?

Second issue is rather strange. Can you reproduce this or was it a one time issue?

Hi , thanks for reply .

I had just use Zemana's Feedback report the first issue :)
also attack the screenshot for it .

-----

About the second issue ,
i try to close and reboot my VM system thrice ,
doesn't happen again .

I don't know why it happened , when things happen ,
the details are that the problem happened just when the 3.0.597 version was just installed .

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Hi @KevinYu0504,

Thanks a bunch for your feedback. …
… Second issue is rather strange. Can you reproduce this or was it a one time issue?

I posted above in Post #196 a similar issue to @KevinYu0504's second issue here, except mine is not on a VM but on my machine and there is no file info. It is a generic application file and Windows simply says "This app is preventing a shutdown". I am unable to get or post a screenshot since it is during the shutdown process. Also, it now appears only on random shutdowns.

Also today before I updated to new version, the UI showed incorrectly "no scans in 6 days" message. I had scanned the previous day

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Is install and advanced option to auto-upload to scan cloud active yet?

Edit: Also browser cleanup, usable ... ?

Last edited:

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Hi , thanks for reply .

I had just use Zemana's Feedback report the first issue :)
also attack the screenshot for it .

-----

About the second issue ,
i try to close and reboot my VM system thrice ,
doesn't happen again .

I don't know why it happened , when things happen ,
the details are that the problem happened just when the 3.0.597 version was just installed .

Hi @KevinYu0504,

Thanks a lot for sending the feedback. I already replied to you. I have created tasks for these issues. They will be investigated and fixed.

Reactions: KevinYu0504

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.