Assigned Join Zemana Beta Group

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Hello, 10 pages is a lot so, hopefully this isn't a repeat of someone else's observations. I submitted feedback thru Zemana interface also. Basically, whenever I open ZAM, it opens to whatever window was last viewed. If I looked at "Quarantine," it would open to that, or Settings, Whitelist, whatever. Should it not open to Home every time?

Also, looking forward to a right-click context menu option. An ETA, please? Will it be available in any free version or like HitmanPro, only in paid ones? :giggle: Also, I am still getting the System warning event id 5 regarding the amdrv driver failing to register with Filter Manager. I had reported this earlier in the thread. Just letting you know.

Hi @plat1098, thank you very much. I already saw your feedback sent through UI and i will get back to you via email about it. Regarding right click scan, i will not be able to give you an ETA just yet but it has a top priority on our roadmap. It is a bit early to talk about if there will be a free version or not but we will make sure all of our users benefits from ZAM. Regarding driver issue, also for that i will get back to you via email and we will investigate it.

Thanks!

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Any plans to update ZAL?
Is it possible to use the license from ZAL with ZAM?
Hi @LahiruTarz, we dont have any plans for in the near future as we are focusing on ZAM at the moment. Still we will be sharing details about ZAL so make sure to follow our blog. Unless your license is for both ZAL and ZAM, it will not activate both.

Let me know if you have any questions for me :)

boombastik

Level 2
Verified
Dec 17, 2018
The zemana 2 has many leftovers when u uninstalled it like drivers and services running.
I think is better this to be fixed in 3.
more of this here:
-https://malwaretips.com/threads/uninstalling-zemana-leaves-drivers-behind.67551/page-2#post-648446

carlos1962

Dec 23, 2018
Hi

I install zemana 3 in a windows 10x64 and crashes everytime. I am a beta tester and I forgot my license key. Please help.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Decided to throw some old virus Anthrax and umbreon at ZAM 3.0, smart scan didn't pick them up, awaiting for the full scan option.

ddd.png

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
The zemana 2 has many leftovers when u uninstalled it like drivers and services running.
I think is better this to be fixed in 3.
more of this here:
-https://malwaretips.com/threads/uninstalling-zemana-leaves-drivers-behind.67551/page-2#post-648446

Hi @boombastik,

Thank you for your message. This will be fixed in ZAM 3.0. No worries. It will not leave anything behind.

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Hi

I install zemana 3 in a windows 10x64 and crashes everytime. I am a beta tester and I forgot my license key. Please help.

Hi @carlos1962,
Regarding crashes, are you able to open application at all? If yes, it would be sufficient to send a feedback through UI so we can investigate the issue and fix it asap. If you cannot open UI, please do send me a private message so i can assist you further.

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Decided to throw some old virus Anthrax and umbreon at ZAM 3.0, smart scan didn't pick them up, awaiting for the full scan option.

View attachment 204171

Hi @Svoll,

Full scan will be able to detect them with a great deal of accuracy :) We are working on it with top priority and it will be ready in near future. Stay tuned!

dragongate888

Level 2
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
just a friendly reminder---someone at an Asian Tech Website has raised the following issue to this effect---------
in C:\Program Files(x86)\Zemana\AntiMalware\res
there are a lot of re-branding versions of icons and user agreements------ and an addition of PDF document
The OP just wonders that are these just innocent side slips or something else?
I am just a by-stander or in fact a cheerleader waiting a first down to goal inside the red zone. Cheer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weebarra

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
just a friendly reminder---someone at an Asian Tech Website has raised the following issue to this effect---------
in C:\Program Files(x86)\Zemana\AntiMalware\res
there are a lot of re-branding versions of icons and user agreements------ and an addition of PDF document
The OP just wonders that are these just innocent side slips or something else?
I am just a by-stander or in fact a cheerleader waiting a first down to goal inside the red zone. Cheer.

Hi @dragongate888,

True, these are some resource files that application setup needs. That is the reason you see them there. They are not side slip or something else. :) Just resource files.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Zemana AntiMalware 3.0.590 Beta

Report as False Positive feature implemented

Improvements on scan reporting

UI improvements related to scan process

Action confirmation dialogs added to quarantine, whitelist and reports modules

Latest version information added to Update tab

Trusted publisher list updated

Failed scan object improvements

Uninstall now cleans leftovers in localappdata

Other minor improvements

@ZAM3_PO
license from version 2 is suitable for version 3?

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I have a ZAL lifetime license, but I think my ZAM license may have expired.

Would I need to buy a license to beta test ZAM 3?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.