Assigned Join Zemana Beta Group

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
I posted above in Post #196 a similar issue to @KevinYu0504's second issue here, except mine is not on a VM but on my machine and there is no file info. It is a generic application file and Windows simply says "This app is preventing a shutdown". I am unable to get or post a screenshot since it is during the shutdown process. Also, it now appears only on random shutdowns.

Also today before I updated to new version, the UI showed incorrectly "no scans in 6 days" message. I had scanned the previous day

Thanks for details @oldschool. Preventing shutdown issue will be checked. Could you send a feedback on UI for "no scans in 6 days" issue. I will check this as well.

D

Deleted member 178

All I can say, it is comforting to see that some vendors like Zemana cares of what forum geeks (usually see as annoying black sheeps) have to say. Lol.

This little video is a nice touch, Zemana may not be the greatest (yet) but at least they do now get my sympathy and I feel there is human beings behind the product.
Not saying is a good way to get some supporters.

I admit, I tried to zoom to see what was on the screens hahaha :p

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I have been installing ZAM in Shadow Defender and got a beta key. So when I reboot everything is gone, which is normal but I would just install the version from post one, and update and re add the key. With this new version I do not get an option to activate any longer. Just get a renew button.
ScreenHunter_136 Dec. 27 15.35.jpg

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
get an option to activate any longer. Just get a renew butto

Hi @ticklemefeet,

In case you have an active key, Activate button will not be visible as shown on UI. This is intentional. However if you dont see an activate button while you dont have an active key, please let me know so we can check this. Thanks!

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Hi @ticklemefeet,

In case you have an active key, Activate button will not be visible as shown on UI. This is intentional. However if you dont see an activate button while you dont have an active key, please let me know so we can check this. Thanks!

I install it in Shadow Defender and so even if I add the key in shadow mode, it should not be remembered by ZAM. All info written to the disk which includes the registry is gone on reboot, Unless ZAM has a way to keep the reg key after a reboot from Shadow mode? If any one else has Shadow Defender, maybe they could check it out.

D

Deleted member 178

I install it in Shadow Defender and so even if I add the key in shadow mode, it should not be remembered by ZAM. All info written to the disk which includes the registry is gone on reboot, Unless ZAM has a way to keep the reg key after a reboot from Shadow mode? If any one else has Shadow Defender, maybe they could check it out.
I don't believe the licensing system is only local, i think there is a hardware/software ID transmitted to a server, if im not wrong shadow mode influence that.
Reason why I had to contact the support when clean installing, my ID being different.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I don't believe the licensing system is only local, i think there is a hardware/software ID transmitted to a server, if im not wrong shadow mode influence that.
Reason why I had to contact the support when clean installing, my ID being different.
Umbra, that makes perfect sense. That would explain why it only shows renew. But is I have an activated beta Lic, Why bother showing a renew tab anyway. I would also like to see a screen showing the Lic info, like it is lic to me and ends etc.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.