Assigned Join Zemana Beta Group

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Does this beta need to be activated? If so how? I have submitted feedback but never got a key in my Gmail.

Reactions: oldschool

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Got a toast notification for version 495 update. Updated with no issues. Scanned again with no FPs.

@ticklemefeet - You don't get a key. You can update from the Home interface, lower left corner under "Real-time Protection" there is a small refresh link right next to "Version update".

This is more Alpha than Beta!

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Hi @ZAM3_PO

Thank you very much for your Infos

I have uninstalled the last Final Version

I will check that the folder is removed can you you say where can I find the Driver File

And can I use my license Code into the ZAM 3 Version

With best Regards
Mops21

Hi @Mops21, You may locate and delete these two files in case it is not already deleted when you restart.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\amdrv.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\zam64.sys or C:\Windows\System32\drivers\zam32.sys

However, if you want to clean install ZAM 3.0, i would like to recommend you to uninstall both 2.0 and 3.0 first, then restart device, clean driver files (if not already deleted) and then lastly install ZAM 3.0 again.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Happy to help

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Two false positives i think:
First one could be because i use simple dns crypt *guessing*
Second one because i created a shortcut for Firefox with sandboxie.

This still applies to Version 3.0.495 was to lazy to get a new screenshot after the update.

Thank you very much @Freki123 , Could you kindly submit a feedback through UI if you havent already? Thanks!

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
3.0.495 gives me same installSDK failed error.​
Also even it doesn't install it adds:​
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\amdrv.sys​
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdrv​

Hi @overdivine, you may try clean install of ZAM 3.0 as suggested in my reply to Mops21. In case you want to keep 2.0 as well, could you kindly send a feedback on UI so i can investigate and try to assist you?

Thanks!

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @Mops21, You may locate and delete these two files in case it is not already deleted when you restart.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\amdrv.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\zam64.sys or C:\Windows\System32\drivers\zam32.sys

However, if you want to clean install ZAM 3.0, i would like to recommend you to uninstall both 2.0 and 3.0 first, then restart device, clean driver files (if not already deleted) and then lastly install ZAM 3.0 again.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Happy to help

Hi @ZAM3_PO

Thank you very much for your help and ansers

The Filepaths are clean but not this here see my 2 screenshots

And can I use my license for ZAM 3

With best Regards
Mops21

Attachments

• Zemana AntiMalware Bug 04.jpg
    Zemana AntiMalware Bug 04.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 244
  • Zemana AntiMalware Bug 05.jpg
    Zemana AntiMalware Bug 05.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 273

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Hi @ZAM3_PO

Thank you very much for your help and ansers

The Filepaths are clean but not this here see my 2 screenshots

And can I use my license for ZAM 3

With best Regards
Mops21

These files belong to ZAM 2.0. They should be removed automatically once you uninstall. Did you try uninstalling it?

For license, Yes, if you have a license working on ZAM 2.0 it should also work for 3.0 without taking a spot on your license capacity. In case you are experiencing any issues, please send a feedback on UI and we will assist you.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
These files belong to ZAM 2.0. They should be removed automatically once you uninstall. Did you try uninstalling it?

For license, Yes, if you have a license working on ZAM 2.0 it should also work for 3.0 without taking a spot on your license capacity. In case you are experiencing any issues, please send a feedback on UI and we will assist you.

Hi @ZAM3_PO

Yes I have uninstalled ZAM 2.0 and reboot my System and the Files did not removed why

With best Regards
Mops21[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Formerly Zam/Zal always left some drivers after an unistall, put that on your "to do" list and fix that. It should remove everything.

What will happen to Zal, are you going to develop that to?

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Hi @ZAM3_PO

Yes I have uninstalled ZAM 2.0 and reboot my System and the Files did not removed why

With best Regards
Mops21

@Mops21, as @pxxb1 said, ZAM 2.0 leaves these files behind after uninstall however, these files are mostly log files and signature db and config files. You can safely delete these manually.

We will fix this in 3.0 in following releases.

As for ZAL, currently we are focusing on ZAM 3.0 and we dont have plans for ZAL in near feature. Nevertheless, we will also share more details about it in following blog posts. Make sure to follow our blog.

Thanks!

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
@Mops21, as @pxxb1 said, ZAM 2.0 leaves these files behind after uninstall however, these files are mostly log files and signature db and config files. You can safely delete these manually.

We will fix this in 3.0 in following releases.

As for ZAL, currently we are focusing on ZAM 3.0 and we dont have plans for ZAL in near feature. Nevertheless, we will also share more details about it in following blog posts. Make sure to follow our blog.

Thanks!

Hi @ZAM3_PO and Hi @pxxb1

You can install ZAM 2 and uninstall with an uninstaller Programm as example iobit uninstaller and check that Files won not be delete or so

With best Regards
Mops21

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @ZAM3_PO

I have 2 screenshots for you that I make from the installer I use the german Version Installer that are 2 things not translated into german language please check and fix

Can you say when will you release the multilanguage Version of ZAM 3

With best Regards
Mops21

Attachments

• ZAM 3.0 German Translation Bug 01.jpg
    ZAM 3.0 German Translation Bug 01.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 256
  • Zemana AntiMalware Bug 02.jpg
    Zemana AntiMalware Bug 02.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 221

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.