On Sale! K7 Ultimate Security Infiniti Edition - Pay $70 for lifetime, 5 devices

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
I experienced that issue with other vendors such as Bullguard. On my desktop it updates regualrly but not on my laptop (when on battery power), but updates regularly when connected to a power source. Maybe this have to do with energy saving not to consume battery.
That could be the very thing doing it, power saving, well deduced(y)

Regards Eck:)

poopdookie

Level 2
Feb 11, 2021
I am the same with the multiple AV brand licenses, I was planning to use K7 on extra crap I had laying around the house that i didn't want to use my "better" AV for. I think I have two years of BD Total and Trendmicro premium left but hardly use them due to the performance hit. Hoping sentinel one releases a home version.

XLR8R

Level 4
Jan 20, 2020
I did not experience this issue. You should contact support.

I did. In one extraordinary case of a high-end gaming computer wherein K7 updated it's drivers apparently, and some incompatibility caused a BSOD, after which K7 did not update normally again.

It was fixed by doing an upgrade of all drivers on the system and reinstalling K7.

To me it appears like products like BitDefender, eScan, K7 are more optimized for "regular" PCs/laptops, but tend to have issues with computers having more exotic/high end hardware (nothing that is not solvable). I still believe BullGuard is probably the best option for a gaming or other high-end PC/laptop. But I'd advise eScan or K7 to anyone having a low-end or more regular computer (these products still support Windows XP!).

Last edited:

poopdookie

Level 2
Feb 11, 2021
Just to update, they changed the expiration in the windows app to "undefined" I installed this on a couple of family devices and it did quite well. It has some advanced features at least. The payoff is you can use it on several OSes and seems to test well. Not a bad deal if it is "lifetime." For mac it is a virus scanner only, no network filtering, but it is also light.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018

Not that its any worse than the other competors, im just looking for light solution myself and lifetime license would be best choice

poopdookie

Level 2
Feb 11, 2021

Not that its any worse than the other competors, im just looking for light solution myself and lifetime license would be best choice
agreed on the light part. Vipre lifetime is also floating out there

Harputlu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
lifetime licenses are actually not for lifetime.it is necessary to look at the operating system support.I have a 20-year k7 ultimate security license.but the 20-year version key does not support windows 11.That's why I have to use it on my old laptop.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Did you find and way to make the firewall ask (before allowing an not already allowed connection)? I played a bit with the Infinity trial and couldn't get the firewall to ask at all (and I changed all setting that I found so it should do it).
From his security config.:
Firewall:
Ask for outbound connections of non-whitelisted apps
Intrusion Rules: Activate also SMB Exploit Detection 1, HTTP Server Exploit Detection 1 and FTP Server Exploit Detection 1

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.