Compare list
K7 vs Quick Heal vs ESET

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
In my idea and using Kaspersky Internet Security since 2006, also trying Norton in 2022, ESET IS in 2022 and 2021, Bitdefender ID, I then returned to Kaspersky Internet Security.
I also suggest you watch this new vide as he points some nice tips:

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
In my idea and using Kaspersky Internet Security since 2006, also trying Norton in 2022, ESET IS in 2022 and 2021, Bitdefender ID, I then returned to Kaspersky Internet Security.
I also suggest you watch this new vide as he points some nice tips:

Still using Kaspersky Internet Security? I mean after Ukraine war, I have heard lots of privacy related issue with that...

cofer123

Level 2
Sep 7, 2021
i not recomand eset because,now with win 11 build 22000.778 i lose internet speed 50% ! :(
Although I'm using Windows 10, I can report that I have experienced general performance degradation with EIS while performing I/O intensive tasks, like large copies over lan, large copies from one disk to another, or large game installations from GOG installers (these are very disk intensive). Whenever doing any of these activities, desktop responsiveness degrades, and interacting with any software becomes laggy, mouse clicks sometimes won't register or have some delay, Firefox/Brave becomes slow to display pages, scroll up and down, click on page elements. And this is on a beefy system with multiple SSDs.

I have noticed similar behavior, albeit less severe, when EIS performs full system scans, or when opening a lot of web pages simultaneously, where network performance often degrades as if EIS is unable to handle several network requests in parallel. I'm not certain on how Eset handles I/O operations, but the symptoms are as if EIS is getting saturated, consequently bottlenecking my I/O performance.

None of these problems occur after removing EIS and using either Microsoft Defender or Kaspersky.

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
Although I'm using Windows 10, I can report that I have experienced general performance degradation with EIS while performing I/O intensive tasks, like large copies over lan, large copies from one disk to another, or large game installations from GOG installers (these are very disk intensive). Whenever doing any of these activities, desktop responsiveness degrades, and interacting with any software becomes laggy, mouse clicks sometimes won't register or have some delay, Firefox/Brave becomes slow to display pages, scroll up and down, click on page elements. And this is on a beefy system with multiple SSDs.

I have noticed similar behavior, albeit less severe, when EIS performs full system scans, or when opening a lot of web pages simultaneously, where network performance often degrades as if EIS is unable to handle several network requests in parallel. I'm not certain on how Eset handles I/O operations, but the symptoms are as if EIS is getting saturated, consequently bottlenecking my I/O performance.

None of these problems occur after removing EIS and using either Microsoft Defender or Kaspersky.
I found solution but i lose .txt file,if stop 2 service internet speed it is ok...in all windows version 10 or 11 !
solution i found in Redirecting if anyone finds the link to post it,if we look for more we will surely find it !

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

I asked Marcos of ESET forum about it and this is his response:
Hello,
The case requires further investigation. However, I can imagine that if a lot of exe/dll files are copied to another machine, it may spike CPU since advanced heuristics is used for newly created and modified files. It could be confirmed or denied by temporarily disabling the scan of newly created and modified files.
I'd recommend the user to open a support ticket.
From my experience, I can tell that ESET scans almost everything that gets written on the disk. It seems to scan more files than most products. Kaspersky for example don't seem to scan BAT files unless executed/scanned.
Though I have used GOG installer with ESET with no performance issues, but don't have the experience of copying large files over LAN.

@cofer123 I also asked an experienced ESET user, and he told me that this behavior of ESET is indeed an issue. Apparently, many users have complained about this LAN copying issue, but ESET has done nothing to mitigate it. So, it's not an ideal AV for your usage.

cofer123

Level 2
Sep 7, 2021
@cofer123 I also asked an experienced ESET user, and he told me that this behavior of ESET is indeed an issue. Apparently, many users have complained about this LAN copying issue, but ESET has done nothing to mitigate it. So, it's an ideal AV for your usage.
I figured as much. Not only have I experienced this issue but I've also read complaints dating back years on their forums about similar behavior.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
I've found it very useful after reading the entire thread, just starting to use K7 after a few years & something that's not commonly used can give a sense of very limited protection & it's not the case - ESET was chosen over K7 on most posts but maybe most members (including me) have used ESET & not K7 maybe so it's a bit of try it & see. I'm well protected with images & multiple backups so feel OK about trying it now :)

Edit: For reasons unclear there are some programs I just like, often simple interfaces & mainly AV's & I'm not completely sure why, K7 reminds me somewhat of F Prot for Windows I used years ago, simple interface etc I really liked it?

Last edited:

poopdookie

Level 2
Feb 11, 2021
Looks like K7 added ml/ai to their mac/android products? added branding all over their products: