Advice Request Kaspersky 2021 - Why was trusted application module removed from Total Security?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I only realized now after the update is available in my country, it was one of the best resources,
Yes, that module got removed in the 2021 version. I also liked it and it was the reason I used Kaspersky on family's devices. But no worries. Keep an eye of Kaspersky sub-forum here and you will benefit from our members guides.

The Ordynary

Level 3
Thread author
Apr 26, 2020
Yes, that module got removed in the 2021 version. I also liked it and it was the reason I used Kaspersky on family's devices. But no worries. Keep an eye of Kaspersky sub-forum here and you will benefit from our members guides.
yes, this feature on family computers was perfect, I didn't understand why it was removed, I paid for the full version because of this feature, there is no reason to pay since the free version has just about everything.

Reactions: Dave Russo

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I didn't understand why it was removed, I paid for the full version because of this feature, there is no reason to pay since the free version has just about everything.
It was removed because it was not used by a large base of customers. Kaspersky (tweaked) will provide unparalleled level of protection. Keep using it; it is strong and light.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
@The Ordynary You can follow @RoboMan's settings provided here

The Ordynary

Level 3
Thread author
Apr 26, 2020
It caused a little delay in running apps and if you're offline it would generate a lot of FPs. It added some PUPs tp trusted application list (some PUPs come digitally signed). But the level of protection is perfect for family members.
so tell me, what is the difference in terms of protecting the paid and free version, this feature was the big difference.

Reactions: Divine_Barakah

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Kaspersky on default is more than enough, there is no need to tweak it and while Trusted Application Module was powerful, its dismiss in version 2021 is a tacit statement from the industry that default-deny doesnt work for average users (the kind of people who need it most).

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
so tell me, what is the difference in terms of protecting the paid and free version, this feature was the big difference.

Anti Banner, Webcam Protection, Application Control (HIPS), Software Updater, Firewall, Safe Money, Application Management (anti PUP), Private Browsing modules are not present in the free version and they are all very powerful and useful, but yeah, the core protection is the same and it is a merit from Kaspersky for offering a very good and "complete" free version.

The Ordynary

Level 3
Thread author
Apr 26, 2020
Anti Banner, Webcam Protection, Application Control (HIPS), Software Updater, Firewall, Safe Money, Application Management (anti PUP), Private Browsing modules are not present in the free version and they are all very powerful and useful, but yeah, the core protection is the same and it is a merit from Kaspersky for offering a very good and "complete" free version.
windows firewall is enough, pups are already detected very well by the free version, anti banner dispensable since everyone has ad blocker, private navigation any browser already has, the big difference was the reliable application module and it was removed.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
windows firewall is enough, pups are already detected very well by the free version, anti banner dispensable since everyone has ad blocker, private navigation any browser already has, the big difference was the reliable application module and it was removed.

Microsoft Defender is enough and there are still market for third party solutions that does better in some areas and just because those modules are not useful for you it doesnt mean that it is true for other people and please dont forget about Application Control (HIPS), it is actually more powerful than Trusted Application Module.

Example:

The solution is simple, just use the free version.

The Ordynary

Level 3
Thread author
Apr 26, 2020
Microsoft Defender is enough and there are still market for third party solutions that does better in some areas and just because those modules are not useful for you it doesnt mean that it is true for other people and please dont forget about Application Control (HIPS), it is actually more powerful than Trusted Application Module.

Example:

The solution is simple, just use the free version.
system watcher it's much better than Application Control, and it has a free version, as I said I don't see much difference, the difference was the reliable application module,

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
in default settings, Kaspersky free is almost identical to the paid versions, no joke.
the paid ones are only better if users can utilize the paid features by changing some settings.
these paid features actually do nothing if we don't know how to use them. The firewall might be an exception but it's super rare that Firewall actually does anything
That's my experience

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.