Kaspersky 365\KAV\KIS\KTS [MR1]: 16.0.1.445 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Not true, Comodo has the ability to protect a 64bit system, so does Dr.Web utilizing hardware virtualization. I do online banking, if it was not for MalwareTips, I'd never have known Kaspersky banking protection is near useless.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Last edited:

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I think They are already in many sites :)

H

hjlbx

@harlan4096

I notice in your signature you disable "Trust digitally singed applications."

In my experience with KIS, even after enabling TAM, and disabling theabove setting, at some point KIS Application Control will move all applications to Low, High Restricted or Block. I cannot remember which...as it has been many months.

Even if I moved the applications back to Trusted, KIS would just move them back again after a while (usually a few days) to LR, HR or Block.

I couldn't get your KIS settings to work - so I gave up.

What has been your experience ?

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
That's true, TAM when enabled application control all trusted applications are moved i.e., to your settings (mine untrusted) then it keeps doing so back-and-forth. TAM does not work properly on 64bit OS - end of! So my question is, what is Kaspersky playing at?

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, that's are my actual settings and keeping them with KTS2016MR1.

I'm not getting that issue. Maybe some new applications are moved to Low/High Restriction the 1st time I run them (thing that We could find logical as I don't trust signed applications), but once I move them to Trusted, they do not go back to Low/High Restriction group anymore.

If I was getting Your issue It would be impossible to work with my system everyday :) but not my case.

I know that sometimes could be a temporal issue with trusted rules/or maybe a problem from KSN, but I got it rarely, I really can't remember now when was the last time that some trusted applications were moved to restrictions groups automatically... many months, and as I said, maybe the problem was a temporal issue with KSN.

Reactions: Nightwalker
H

hjlbx

Yes, that's are my actual settings and keeping them with KTS2016MR1.

I'm not getting that issue. Maybe some new applications are moved to Low/High Restriction the 1st time I run it (thing that We could find logical as I don't trust signed applications), but once I move them to Trusted, they do not go back to Low/High Restriction group anymore.

If I was getting Your issue It would be impossible to work with my system everyday :) but not my case.

I know that sometimes could be a temporal issue with trusted rules/or maybe a problem from KSN, but I got it rarely, I really can't remember now when was the last time that some trusted applications were moved to restrictions groups automatically... many months, and as I know, maybe the problem was a temporal issue with KSN.

I reported the issue to K incessantly about 1 year ago, then I gave up on it as well since support gave no definitive answers.

@harlan4096 you're just lucky with KIS, like I am with COMODO (which - according to many - is the "diablo de la seguridad de TI.")

For those that cannot read Spanish, I wrote "COMODO...the devil of IT security."

H

hjlbx

The whole KIS-Sandboxie rigmarole is unfortunate, but such terrible things happen. Life is hard - even for us security soft geeks. :D

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Agree! I hope They (both) fix in the end the issue (maybe for 2017 version for summer?). With 2016 installed, the only "workaround" to make Sandboxie working is to exit temporally Kaspersky from running.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I think it will not upgrade automatically but new build is designed (as I could see in the release info) to:
The application can be installed over the following Kaspersky Lab applications:

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013, 2014, 2015
Kaspersky PURE 2.0, 3.0
Kaspersky Total Security 2015, 2016

The application is compatible with the following Kaspersky Lab applications:

Kaspersky Fraud Prevention for Endpoints 3.5, 4.0, 5.0
Kaspersky Password Manager 5.0, 7.0, 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.