Advice Request Kaspersky Anti-spam module

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

Hello,
I'm not sure if this question was yet answered in another topic :unsure:
I'm wondering why Kaspersky Anti-spam module is disabled on default settings ?
I'm also wondering if enabling this Anti-spam module could strengthen my protection ?
Hi, Anti-Spam module only works with Microsoft Office Outlook (the program, not the web service) and Mozilla Thunderbird.

If enabled, it will add a toolbar and will filter SPAM. If you are not using the Microsoft Office Outlook app, but the Mail app in start menu, or you are checking webmail in browser, it won’t do anything for you.
Also, Outlook already has a SPAM filter.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hi, Anti-Spam module only works with Microsoft Office Outlook (the program, not the web service) and Mozilla Thunderbird.

If enabled, it will add a toolbar and will filter SPAM. If you are not using the Microsoft Office Outlook app, but the Mail app in start menu, or you are checking webmail in browser, it won’t do anything for you.
Also, Outlook already has a SPAM filter.
Thanks @McMcbrad
I think you are not right because I'm an Outlook user on one PC and Thunderbird on two others and the kaspersky toolbar does not exist anymore since a long time !

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

Thanks @McMcbrad
I think you are not right because I'm an Outlook user on one PC and Thunderbird on two others and the kaspersky toolbar does not exist anymore since a long time !
It may have been removed, but it still works the same way.

This is from their support:

It is turned off by default, due to GDPR regulations (according to their page).

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Kaspersky Anti-Spam module works with any email client in traffic level, old OutLook and ThunderBird tool-bars add-ons were removed due to some issues...

1608980247610.png

Still this module adds 2 labels in messages subjects, then You can create in any email client filtering rules to move those messages to a Spam Folder...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.