Advice Request Kaspersky bad support Forum

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freud2004

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Misinformation
I know it's no elegant speak bad from another Forum, butt this forum support paid users, so it shod be good.

I want to delete some temp files, I already know the answer, but I want to know for sure that I was right, to make no mistakes.

So a make the question and a moderator answer me... maybe you should see the answer.

1601418122754.png

From a moderator from kaspersky, he should know that the temp files from KIS are hidden, so RUN/ %TEMP% , ill not show you the folders.
And, yes I have to dissemble KIS self-defence, to delete the temp files...

He is supposed to help me, not be help by me... Is a moderator from Kaspersky, this should be basic to him.

Sorry for my bad English, butt i think it's important users know how the brand's support their product.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Some years ago when I bought my first new computer it came with a support package,The tech would get on my computer clean out stuff,add Superantispyware,ect they always started off saying I notice you do not have the Gold membership{or something like that ) after about 4 times I got a tech who {excuse the expression }was a imbecile,so not every one who swings a hammer is a carpenter if you know what I mean. This story by no means is me trying to incriminate the tech from Kaspersky

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Is not the moderator at that Kaspersky forum also a member here at MalwareTips? 😬

Just an idle observation.

I see this infrequently at various forums where members get the better of the gurus and experts. It happens, obviously.

toto

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 15, 2014
From your photo it doesn't really show where the files are located and from the extension it seems easy to presume they are in the temp folder and that moderator tried to reply using his knowledge. If you know the answer why ask the question and not even explain exactly what you are looking for?

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Even paying customers can always participate on vendors forums, just as free or even non-customers, as long they have registered an account on the forum. It is Not automatic the same as a genuine support from the vendor, as the majority that replies are home users/non professionals and not official representatives. This is not anything unique for Kasperskys forum. There's a reason why most major software companies have their own specific support channels = page, chat, phone or email etc. Please use that as the first choice if you're an actual customer!

Kaspersky support :

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.