Advice Request Kaspersky Exclusions

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SomeRandomCat

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Dec 23, 2020
Has anyone bothered setting up exclusions for Kaspersky (Total Security in my case)?

I have Windows Updates disabled, and don't desire to routinely update anything besides KTS.

It would be nice not to have to manually commit changes every time KTS updates, so I rather utilize the SD exclusions.

I installed KTS using Total Uninstall, which generated a nice detailed list of all the file and registry locations.

Adding all the file exclusions was pretty easy, but there are a ton of registry entries that I am not so enthusiastic about manually adding.

I wonder if there are a couple registry entries that are necessary to allow KTS to update, and if the large majority of them are 'stationary'.
sshot-002.png
sshot-003.png
sshot-004.png

As for the registry entries, they are quite extensive, so I will not list them here. It took me about 5-10 minutes to add all the file exclusions, but I imagine adding all the registry exclusions would take several hours.

Maybe I could wait until the next KTS update, and log it with Total Uninstall to see which registry keys are changed, and go from there.

Thought I would post this here, incase I am not the only one interested in this.

(The faded out entries are from Kaspersky VPN, that I have since uninstalled)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FireHammer

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.