Not open for further replies.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Yes, KAF doesn't have BB but in addition to the signatures, it should detect imports used by the malware functions (heuristic malware scan). Surely this scanning can bring some false positives but in some cases it is quite efficient.

BB is great but really few free products use an advanced behavioral protection, Avast is one of them.

Fred Cohen already showed, many years ago, that the detection of the malware is an unsolvable problem. This means that there is not an algorithm that absolutely can decide if a program is malware or not.

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
Hi, everyone ! Are Kaspersky now available in Indonesia ? I tried it some time ago and it's showing that the license is expired and i can't do anything even if i logged in to my account so i uninstalled it :)

novocaine

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
Hi, everyone ! Are Kaspersky now available in Indonesia ? I tried it some time ago and it's showing that the license is expired and i can't do anything even if i logged in to my account so i uninstalled it :)
interesting, but I have no problem here, ive just added Kaspersky Free alongside with CFW, it works like a charm, Surabaya here

razorfancy

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Nov 27, 2016
If I have Kaspersky Free and I install Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware tool, will the protection level improve?

Reactions: Weebarra

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
KAS with comodo firewall you have a protection more than decent and low consumption of resources ... also if you wish you can take viroscope of the sandbox to work as modulo of behavior

Hector1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
Best AV on my notebook, light and with great online security (block various malicious ads page on streming site). With VS free and WFC free you have a solid, light and free config ;)
Ps: I used WD first and KFA is much (much, much) better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.