Battle Kaspersky License is ending - what next ?

Compare list
Kaspersky internet security (renew subscrtiption after it ends)
Bitdefender internet or total security
Gdata
Norton
Dr. web ?
i have no problem to use any product from any state - anonymity in those days is only ilussion
Emsisoft + spyshelter firewal (have licences for all)
ESET
In-depth Comparison

tlacenka

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 22, 2014
Mine kaspersky license is going to its end - what should i use next ?
And there is black friday / cyber monday... so its good time to pay new product (just to get better price)
want to install and forget (or ask me when there is problem), but not tweaking something everytime there is update
want to install it on android and ios and mac too
prefer own (or 3rd party) firewall - better than using windows one (even in security build suite)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Kaspersky Internet Security is considered by many one of te best protection you can get. If you're satisfied with it there is no reason to change.
A brilliant summary of other options is given in this recent thread:

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
out of these certainly not bitdefender , too heavy ( a real resource hog ) and too buggy....if you want to go with a "fixed" bitdefender go for bullguard. really light on the system and good protection for a fair price! if you have licenses lying around for emsi and spyshelter I would use these first. kaspersky is very expensive , but if it has served you well ,. why not stick with it?

cătălin

Level 1
Verified
Jun 21, 2018
@FrFc1908
You say that from experience? Or as others say that? For me, it's under Kaspersky as resource consumption (Surface Pro 3, 4 gb)

L.E.: And this with all the activated functions: password manager, antispam, parental control, etc.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    695.1 KB · Views: 290
  • 2.png
    2.png
    653.2 KB · Views: 292

alv222

Level 2
Oct 11, 2019
out of these certainly not bitdefender , too heavy ( a real resource hog ) and too buggy....if you want to go with a "fixed" bitdefender go for bullguard. really light on the system and good protection for a fair price! if you have licenses lying around for emsi and spyshelter I would use these first. kaspersky is very expensive , but if it has served you well ,. why not stick with it?
Bitdefender 2020 is really light.... Did you try it?

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Bitdefender 2020 is really light....
AV itself its pretty light, if you exclude ~600MB RAM's usage, I have not seen CPU usage go over 3%.
But during updating, it is quite a hog, it takes up to 10% CPU, heavy I/O usage and writing over 2,5GB.

Attachments

• capture_12012019_135248.jpg
    capture_12012019_135248.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 300
  • capture_12012019_135025.jpg
    capture_12012019_135025.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 284

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
AV itself its pretty light, if you exclude ~600MB RAM's usage, I have not seen CPU usage go over 3%.
But during updating, it is quite a hog, it takes up to 10% CPU, heavy I/O usage and writing over 2,5GB.

I trialed it for about an hour. bitdefender. Saw the same. mine did settle down to 450mb, however my cpu stayed 8-10% right up to uninstall. Run away fast, run away far!

Here's a thought..... I have a 1yr trial, 5 devices of Fsecure going on right now. What a huge difference with Avira. Have never seen anything as fast and as light. 25 pounds for 1yr/5devices.

FireShot Capture 003 - F-Secure SAFE – Protect your life on every device - my.f-secure.com.png

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I trialed it for about an hour. bitdefender. Saw the same. mine did settle down to 450mb, however my cpu stayed 8-10% right up to uninstall. Run away fast, run away far!

Here's a thought..... I have a 1yr trial, 5 devices of Fsecure going on right now. What a huge difference with Avira. Have never seen anything as fast and as light. 25 pounds for 1yr/5devices.

View attachment 230358

Same experience here, I am loving this version of F-Secure Safe with Capricorn engine (Avira).

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

On my old laptop (2GB RAM, Intel Pentium dual core) Bitdefender was very light than Kaspersky and any other software except ESET. When I tried it on my new one it was the heaviest among all software I have tried. Currently I am using F Secure SAFE on my laptop and it feels very light and non intrusive.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.