Hot Take Kaspersky Security Cloud Free 2019 - Tweaks

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
did you disable idle scan and rootkit scan? make sure the first 5 boxes are checked in performance settings
and did you disable script injection in network settings
change scan mode to on execution in file antivirus
Everything was disabled and still had same issues. I have uninstalled KFA using KAV remover.

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Hi guys, responding to some users that asked me by pm about KSCloud Free 2019 tweaks, here You are my tweaks I have in my laptop.

Those settings not addressed in these tweaks are in default.

Anyway to post these tweaks with words, I went to imgur and cannot find anything even if I put in harlan or Kaspersky. Your thoughts? It would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: gisot and Vasudev

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I works (great) if you install Comodo after Kaspersky, but it's not recommended by Kaspersky.
Tried cf + cs & kaspersky cloud yesterday, its fine but cf is kinda buggy tool to have...idk if i should go with OSA or SH

Does cloud kaspersky has actual anti-exploit + dll protection....i know system watcher is looking after but the actual application controll is only in KIS

Comodo firewall do offer browser protection, and it will always ask to either keep extensions or revert changes

Just looking for the best partner for kcs, without overlapping at all

For now i have only appcheck anti-ransomware and OSArmor in my mind, zonealarm firewall free with application controll would be also an option...but after all ksc is suberb even alone

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Tried cf + cs & kaspersky cloud yesterday, its fine but cf is kinda buggy tool to have...idk if i should go with OSA or SH

Does cloud kaspersky has actual anti-exploit + dll protection....i know system watcher is looking after but the actual application controll is only in KIS

Comodo firewall do offer browser protection, and it will always ask to either keep extensions or revert changes

Just looking for the best partner for kcs, without overlapping at all

For now i have only appcheck anti-ransomware and OSArmor in my mind, zonealarm firewall free with application controll would be also an option...but after all ksc is suberb even alone
I think OSA is the easiest companion, almost set and forget...
You could also use it with Hard Configurator of @Andy Ful to have a very strong setup.

But Kaspersky is not ready for Windows 10 1903 (it works, you get a warning after the upgrade, but full comparability is with patch F now in testing, thanks @harlan4096 ).
So for now I have returned to Windows Defender on 1903 with HC.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
You could also use it with Hard Configurator of @Andy Ful to have a very strong setup.

But Kaspersky is not ready for Windows 10 1903 (it works, you get a warning after the upgrade, but full comparability is with patch F now in testing, thanks @harlan4096 ).
Hmm, im using cloud just because they finally made finnish version out of it. I dont have any problems with 1903 that im aware of :unsure: I was thinking OSA aswell since cloud had few infections on hub, but that doesnt mean im going to be in contact with such samples

L

Local Host

Kaspersky is more than ready for Windows 10 1903, was updated ages ago during the RC (and even before that, during the Insider Preview).

They not lazy like Avast :coffee:

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Hmm, im using cloud just because they finally made finnish version out of it. I dont have any problems with 1903 that im aware of :unsure: I was thinking OSA aswell since cloud had few infections on hub, but that doesnt mean im going to be in contact with such samples
To infect your system with Kaspersky protection you should try hard :giggle:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Kaspersky is more than ready for Windows 10 1903, was updated ages ago during the RC (and even before that, during the Insider Preview).

They not lazy like Avast :coffee:
Why then do I get a warning from Kaspersky Free (in my case) that not all components will work on Windows 10, after an upgrade to version 1903?
Never had such a warning on 1809.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.