Hot Take Kaspersky Security Cloud Free 2019 - Tweaks

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hi guys, responding to some users that asked me by pm about KSCloud Free 2019 tweaks, here You are my tweaks I have in my laptop.

Those settings not addressed in these tweaks are in default.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
It's difficult to know even for me, since the free versions has no support and KL releases free versions progressively in different country regions ... but for example, I managed to activate in Spain KSCloud for LATAM, USA and Canada region, although currently is it also available an specific one for Spain... where are You from?

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
It's difficult to know even for me, since the free versions has no support and KL releases free versions progressively in different country regions ... but for example, I managed to activate in Spain KSCloud for LATAM, USA and Canada region, although currently is it also available an specific one for Spain... where are You from?

South East Asia.
I've tried the SEA & Global installer without luck. Maybe I need to wait a little longer for it to become available widely in my region.
It's more about my curiosity on KSC than anything. KFA still works great for me and I don't have any pressing concern with it.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I had to upload the screen-shots to IMGUR because it seems the posting template of the forum for this section does not allow to attach files directly to the forum, sorry for the inconveniences! :giggle:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hi guys, responding to some users that asked me by pm about KSCloud Free 2019 tweaks, here You are my tweaks I have in my laptop.

Those settings not addressed in these tweaks are in default.

Love to see those tweaks, unfortunately I can't see them. Some filters in my adblocker are breaking IMGUR :mad:

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Yes, of course most of those protection modules/settings are shared with KAV/KIS/KTS/KFA (some)...

For KIS/KTS I already posted a strong tweaks config video some months ago: https://cloud.qainfo.ru/s/PE0sE0YUlbvmetT

Wow. You did a great job bro. Thank you.
What about increasing network module of the firewall of KIS? Have you tweaked any configuration yet in order to achieve the maximum security over default configuration? If Yes then Does it exist in that video?

Thank you very much for your great support bro.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Kaspersky FireWall by default allows connection to every application which is Trusted group in Application Control, I usually don't change that unless I want to block connection to a specific application.

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Let me explain this further. BD has added "Network Threat Prevention" in the latest version to stop attacks before they even begin.

According to their site...
"Stopping attacks before they even begin. NEW
Network Threat Prevention. The new network-based adaptive layer of protection prevents exploitation of vulnerabilities in your system, detects and blocks brute-force attempts, prevents your device from being compromised in botnet attacks and prevents sensitive information from being sent in unencrypted forms
"

Do we have this kind of protection/prevention module against any network threats in KIS yet? If Yes then how do we configure our KIS to achieve maximum protection? Thanks bro.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Let me explain this further. BD has added "Network Threat Prevention" in the latest version to stop attacks before they even begin.

According to their site...
"Stopping attacks before they even begin. NEW
Network Threat Prevention. The new network-based adaptive layer of protection prevents exploitation of vulnerabilities in your system, detects and blocks brute-force attempts, prevents your device from being compromised in botnet attacks and prevents sensitive information from being sent in unencrypted forms
"

Do we have this kind of protection/prevention module against any network threats in KIS yet? If Yes then how do we configure our KIS to achieve maximum protection? Thanks bro.
in my experience, kaspersky is much more reliable than BD
I have seen BD being infected many times but I haven't seen many with kaspersky. BD just got infected by grandcrab reported by many users in their forum
kaspersky already has exploit protection which is very effective. I saw it working and it successfully stopped petya and wannacry's exploit before the payloads can touch user's hard drives. BD and hitmanpro.alert failed

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.