Oct 4, 2019
For a common regular users I would go to:

* In General:

Perform Recommend actions automatically -> enabled

* In Application Control:

Trust Digitally Signed Applications -> enabled
Load rules for Applications from KSN -> enabled
Change trust group for unknown applications -> Untrusted
Change trust group for applications started before startup Kaspersky -> Untrusted

I've matched those settings now. I'll let you know how I get on. Thank you!

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Still if You install daily many applications, if some of them are not digitally trusted or are unknown in KSN may be moved to Untrusted group, in these cases just go to Application Control, and if You trust these applications, move them manually yo Trusted group...

Last edited:

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
KSN-Kaspersky-Controle-de-aplicativos-cache_LI (2).jpg

Something I noticed accessing application control: KSN has a local cache on the system.

cliffspab

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 4, 2019
Still if You install daily many applications, if some of them are not digitally trusted or are unknown in KSN may be moved to Untrusted group, in these cases just go to Application Control, and if You trust these applications, move them manually yo Trusted group...
Everything is going fine with the settings change. I think it was not having "Perform Recommend actions automatically" enabled that was causing me problems.

Adding the odd application to the trusted group is no hassle at all.

Thanks for the help :)

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.