Advice Request Kaspersky Security Cloud Free

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
if you want deep insight I may use data collector set but that will make it visually cumbersome. If you want a rough idea of resource consumption, windows task manager is enough.That's why I provided the task manager view.

The fact is that neither eset nor Webroot go so far, Eset stays in the same level between 30mb 52mb and when it is scanning reaches about 92mb, webroot doesn't even reach 10mb, and when it scans arrive at 32mb.

I can not say the same about emsisoft, 700mb at rest, but when it scans it can reach 1 or 1.5gb of memory. Very greedy of memory resources about .

Reactions: AtlBo

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
problem is kaspersky keeps scanning in background...Most other av products don't do so or don't do that aggressively.

Thanks for clarification, I also say the same, their modules are much more vigilant all the time. that means I have to get away from these products, I don't want to see my memory or my disc diminished until they falling in BS0D when I'm running another demanding programs for example: playing with steam or rendering with aftereffects .

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I installed the KSC today. It was supposed to be the free version but it added safe money and a bunch of other stuff plus I have to create and account before I can use it. Also I asked if it needed a restart after install. Even after it did all it's updates it never asked to reboot. I could have installed it in Shadow Defender.

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
problem is kaspersky keeps scanning in background...Most other av products don't do so or don't do that aggressively.

very disappointed experience with another products, Previously I suffered a catastrophe, a total devastation with damage on some parts of the windows registry and the OS sent me a mandatory scanning of missing or damaged system files on My partition C\:, everything happened while I was using my Win7-pro-64 together with -Kubuntu-Kde-Distro mounted through VMware inside slave-disk, while Emsisoft was sucking such resources in the background, it got Crash!.
Latter, windows had finished making the repairs, but I still noticed slowness, so I looked at PHacker and Emsi had completely consumed the pagefile and wanted more & more memory passing its consumption to the true Ram. The strangest thing is that while using Vmware... The Kubuntu-VM distro on slavedisk never was bothered, it was good and very fast, even though Emsi on C: \ windows was choked up to the neck. so that, with Eset I've never seen these problems. Another times Emsisoft froze my tasks, the system looked slow as if it were sick, the computer recovered by uninstalling the antivirus. that statement also goes for BITD, Avira & KTSav. I never omit my testimonies, I do not want to gain acceptance, hate or credit points for anything about my judgments, I believe on myself proprietarly talking about!, each human head is a world and many colleagues of MT can disagree with such statements, noone doesnt hurt me, but I want to be honest, if I do not see a virus in my system, then why do I protect myself from them?

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
windows had finished making the repairs, but I still noticed slowness,

this could be because of a corrupted sub-system. As you were using an av, most likely that had done something.The world of av ain't that smooth. Every av is potential danger to your OS. Some malformed database update sometime wrecks the OS beyond hope. Most likely you are one of those victims.

I looked at PHacker and Emsi had completely consumed the pagefile and wanted more & more memory passing its consumption to the true Ram.
Many things can be responsible for it. One can't deduce that it's d standard of Emsi.

The Kubuntu-VM distro on slavedisk never was bothered, it was good and very fast

Linux sees hard drive differently. Although you were using a kde flavor which ain't that easy on disk.

I do not want to gain acceptance, hate or credit points for anything about my judgments, I believe on myself proprietarly talking about!, each human head is a world and many colleagues of MT can disagree with such statements, noone doesnt hurt me, but I want to be honest
It seems there is a story behind it. Anyway, feel free to share your thoughts. You always can't be correct about everything, but if you ain't incorrect once then most probably you haven't ever tried anything new. There are some hubris evreywhere including MT.Don't let them depress you.

Feel free to discuss everything.

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Also I asked if it needed a restart after install. Even after it did all it's updates it never asked to reboot
Kaspersky updates itself differently. The core components get update only after a reboot or during the idle mode of your OS. So it may seem the update has been done in gui but actual case is different, that's why it's always better to reboot after the first update.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Source: Kaspersky Security Cloud — Free, your guardian angel in the digital world
Let’s start with new security features. Kaspersky Security Cloud — Free for Windows includes three major additions (and a whole bunch of smaller ones).
  • System Watcher performs behavioral analysis and blocks even unknown threats based on their behavior. For example, if an application tries to encrypt too many files at the same time, it is likely ransomware and shouldn’t be permitted to do anything. System Watcher blocks such activity and rolls back changes made by malware. System Watcher used to be offered only as part of our premium solutions, but now it’s an integral component of Kaspersky Security Cloud Free.
  • Automatic Exploit Prevention is another behavioral component. It’s responsible for protection against malware that exploits vulnerabilities in popular applications and platforms (Java, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Acrobat, Internet browsers, etc.) Most computers have these applications installed, and many bugs are found in them on a regular basis. Malefactors and hackers use these vulnerabilities to install and launch malware with the help of special programs called exploits on computers of users who don’t keep their software updated. Automatic Exploit Prevention can detect such attempts to exploit vulnerabilities by recognizing typical behavioral patterns and block them.
  • Anti-Blocker, as the name implies, protects devices from Trojan blockers, a type of malware that doesn’t encrypt files but rather blocks the entire computer and demands ransom. Even if such malware manages to find its way into the system, Anti-Blocker will help your device bypass the block and delete the malware.
These three major additions complement the reliable antivirus engine and the useful functions such as antiphishing, e-mail antivirus, Web antivirus, and secure on-screen keyboard that are already part of our free security solution, Kaspersky Free.

Overall, in terms of of protection against malware, Kaspersky Security Cloud — Free is a significant improvement over the last year’s version of our Kaspersky Free Anti-virus, which has gained user trust all over the world. But Kaspersky Security Cloud is a lot more than an antivirus, which becomes obvious even when you use the free version.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

mamamia

Level 3
Verified
Feb 27, 2016
Friends, I need to know if at this time, KSCF is compatible with Norton Power Eraser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.