Advice Request Kaspersky Security Cloud Free

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I certainly agree that KSC Free is exceptionally good and OSArmor is the ideal companion, and together they make an excellent combo that I have been very pleased with, but for me there is still that element of doubt about Kaspersky. There is no actual proof of collusion with the Russian government, but on the other hand Kaspersky has done and said very little to disprove these claims. For the moment I'll continue to use KSC because quite simply I think it's the best free AV out there right now, but I still have this lingering doubt about the company and I just hope it turns out to be unwarranted.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
For the moment I'll continue to use KSC because quite simply I think it's the best free AV out there right now, but I still have this lingering doubt about the company and I just hope it turns out to be unwarranted.

I was about to install KSC on a computer last night, and I just could not do it for now. I started reading the privacy policy, and it's so loosely worded it sounds much like the Microsoft EULA in some ways...like we can do what we want with your files and sensitive information as long as you use this product.

I'm with you, though, in that I believe in Kaspersky. I really do, but it's hard for me after 5 years with Qihoo on the decline over issues similar to those mentioned by @uninfected1 and the potential that they could be using private PC owner, user, and personal information in other ways, too. it's hard to watch a program degrade and then just switch. Maybe that's the problem for me.

Appreciate the input, because I think this is exactly what I need to hear at this time. I really just need real time a-v...nothing fancy at all. Could be that KSC is more than I am seeking, anyway, with Comodo Firewall and NVT OSA on the system, already. Thinking of Bitdefender free a-v. It seems to test very well against malware...but again what about the privacy and security of ideas and personal information? :eek:

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I was about to install KSC on a computer last night, and I just could not do it for now. I started reading the privacy policy, and it's so loosely worded it sounds much like the Microsoft EULA in some ways...like we can do what we want with your files and sensitive information as long as you use this product.

I'm with you, though, in that I believe in Kaspersky. I really do, but it's hard for me after 5 years with Qihoo on the decline over issues similar to those mentioned by @uninfected1 and the potential that they could be using private PC owner, user, and personal information in other ways, too. it's hard to watch a program degrade and then just switch. Maybe that's the problem for me.

Aooreciate the input, because I think this is exactly what I need to hear at this time. I really just need real time a-v...nothing fancy at all. Could be that KSC is more than I am seeking, anyway, with Comodo Firewall and NVT OSA on the system, already. Thinking of Bitdefender free a-v. It seems to test very well against malware...but again what about the privacy and security of ideas and personal information? :eek:

Why not add WD to the rest of your setup? Even that would be overkill. :)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I have free version downloaded from USA KL site and I can change the language (Englishn(USA), Fhancais (Canada), Español(Esados Unidos))
On the EU version there is only English (united kingdom) for the moment.
There will be a Dutch version released in September.
So maybe there will be more language options in the future for the EU version.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
So what is the difference between Kaspersky Cloud and kaspersky Internet Security 2019 ,other than first one free ,other paid?

Reactions: oldschool

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Of course I was talking about the main product, just go there and click over Compare Products...

KSC Free does not have Application Control + FireWall, Anti-Banner, Anti-Spam... but still has FileAV, WebAV, MailAV, IMAV, System Watcher and NetWork Attack Blocker available and with access to their settings...

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Help requested, installed kaspersky cloud free. It seems free cloud doesnt have firewall but visual bug showing i have kaspersky firewall on. But in reality windows firewall is doing its things, weird part is that my syshardener settings are completely disabled and uac were turned off. I had to put UAC on manually and now im using kaspersky cloud + windows firewall with kaspersky bug affecting syshardener that is off.

Turning off kaspersky firewall wont pull syshardener rules back or turn windows center into green
View attachment 195397
Has this bug been fixed with the latest "patch C" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.