Advice Request Kaspersky Security Cloud Free

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Help requested, installed kaspersky cloud free. It seems free cloud doesnt have firewall but visual bug showing i have kaspersky firewall on. But in reality windows firewall is doing its things, weird part is that my syshardener settings are completely disabled and uac were turned off. I had to put UAC on manually and now im using kaspersky cloud + windows firewall with kaspersky bug affecting syshardener that is off.

Turning off kaspersky firewall wont pull syshardener rules back or turn windows center into green
kasperskyvisual.png

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Help requested, installed kaspersky cloud free. It seems free cloud doesnt have firewall but visual bug showing i have kaspersky firewall on. But in reality windows firewall is doing its things, weird part is that my syshardener settings are completely disabled and uac were turned off. I had to put UAC on manually and now im using kaspersky cloud + windows firewall with kaspersky bug affecting syshardener that is off.

Turning off kaspersky firewall wont pull syshardener rules back or turn windows center into green
View attachment 195397
Saw and other members have this problem with firewall. I use KFA with osarmor without any problem. I think KFA is more stable. KSCF is very new product.

Peter Phillie

Level 1
Verified
Jul 12, 2018
Thanks for sharing this updated info about Kaspersky Security Cloud. Since, I am a user of KSC, I find it a helpful resource. The idea of other available modules in KSC like Secure data input, password security check, weak settings control, file back up and file shredder, is really an interesting update. Thanks for sharing it!

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

View attachment 195397

I don't see this on mine. shows OFF. But I am not using syshardener

Last edited by a moderator:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
It seems the cause of this issue with KSCloud Free 2019 + access to the FireWall from the Security Center of W10 is having applied SysHardener (in default settings in my case) in the system :unsure::unsure:

Update: I forgot to mention and thanks to @upnorth: that sent me a pm and it seems We came to the same conclusion :unsure: I still have to revert the SysHardener changes and check if still reproducible...

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
It seems the cause of this issue with KSCloud Free 2019 + access to the FireWall from the Security Center of W10 is having applied SysHardener (in default settings in my case) in the system :unsure::unsure:

Update: I forgot to mention and thanks to @upnorth: that sent me a pm and it seems We came to the same conclusion :unsure: I still have to revert the SysHardener changes and check if still reproducible...
No problems here with SysHardener portable at default settings, KSC Free and CF11. Just the message that 2 firewalls Windows and Comodo can cause conflicts. Also no issue before installing CF11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.