Advice Request Kaspersky Standard and Device Security in Win 11

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Got an error message from Kaspersky Standard with Device Security enabled in Win 11

Anyone can help?

IMG-20230426-143621.jpg

IMG-20230426-143607.jpg

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
That's normal, Device Security in W11 uses Microsoft Hyper-V... so probably incompatible with Kaspersky hypervisor... You can't have both.
So I need to disable Kaspersky hypervisor, right? Where to find it?

And if I disabled Kaspersky hypervisor does that means any feature in Kaspersky using virtual environment will not work like virtual KB, Safe Money etc?

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
That's right:

View attachment 274904

The CPU of my old lap does not support Virtualization, that's why appears that warning in the pic.
Mine I just bought a 13th Gen laptop last week. Now testing Kaspersky Standard

Kaspersky hypervisor affects only Kaspersky features. Whilst Win hyper-v affects many things in Windows

If this is the case then I'll give up Kaspersky

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Yes, it is Your best bet if in W11.

I think I'll go back to Avast Premium Security. It is running without issue with Win 11 on my another 10th gen laptop. This older laptop has lesser Device Security features than the newer 13th gen

Avast also has hardware-assisted virtualization

But not sure it has issues on my 13th gen laptop

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I have removed Kaspersky Standard

I believe the Device Security issue in Win 11 whereby CET could not be enabled is still there. Furthermore, I have tried many ways to settle it but could not basing on suggestions on the net. The most likely cause was due to a firmware update recently, as users said. So now waiting for another firmware update to address it.

If Device Security is affecting Kaspersky and Avast (below) then the best way is to use Windows Defender, the default AV, otherwise many things need to be disabled in the 3rd-party AV

1682589606655.png

Reactions: Trident
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

Does Kaspersky Standard encrypt the login and password on websites and is Kaspersky Hypervisor essential for the encryption?

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
This problem showed up in the beta build a few weeks ago. Same behavior, Kaspersky throws up a warning and a simple reboot fixes it. I'm quite sure it was even reported in the Hub,, although I can't check right now, but of course whatever triggers the problem was not changed by Microsoft before it was released in the stable channel.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

Probably K. Hypervisor is required, and VK is not required if You alternatively use Kaspersky Protection add-on in supported browser and Secure Data Input is enabled. In browser protected fields, You will get a Kaspersky small tooltip warning You that protection is enabled.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.